September 30, 2024, 08:23:48 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

80gig Zune

Started by strongbad, February 24, 2008, 08:18:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I'm considering buying it. Does anybody here own one who could tell me how it compares to an ipod video?
I'm currently listening to a 10gig 3rd generation ipod
[spoiler][/spoiler]
and I love it to death, but it's battery life has gone down to like 6 hours  >.<

The zune looks great, I just wish they made a new 30gig model that sold for 200$, since I'll never be using more than 30gigs and 250$ seems like too much money for an mp3 player. I'll have no more than 10 gigs of music, but I plan to have alot of videos on there which should be nice, since I've heard the zune is great for vids. I also heard that you can stream podcasts directly onto your zune with wifi now. Is that true, and how is it?

Thanks guys

Blaze-Senpai

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/gf1991/RLPics/0223082005.jpg

The screen is nice for viewing movies on, although there's not much difference between the brightness setting of "Medium" and "High".

I just got one yesterday, and I like it very much so far, except that the touch pad I have to get used to.

Be warned though, what it can play (as far as videos go), is very limited.

strongbad

Quote from: Blaziken Prince on February 24, 2008, 08:44:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/gf1991/RLPics/0223082005.jpg

The screen is nice for viewing movies on, although there's not much difference between the brightness setting of "Medium" and "High".

I just got one yesterday, and I like it very much so far, except that the touch pad I have to get used to.

Be warned though, what it can play (as far as videos go), is very limited.

What kinds of videos does it allow?
Also, have you tried the podcasts thingy or know if it even exists?

Blaze-Senpai

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 25, 2008, 06:25:04 AM
What kinds of videos does it allow?
Also, have you tried the podcasts thingy or know if it even exists?
MP4's and WMV's mainly, I don't know if it supports any other types as of yet.

And I don't use podcasts.

Hiro

I got one, and I really love it. Best music player out right now. I love the look, interface, everything about it, it's awesome. However, the software is a little weird, cause it messes up the album info sometimes. But the device itself is awesome, buy it.

strongbad

Ok, I think I'm sold. I watched about 30 video reviews from faggits across youtube and they all love it.

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE GOD DAMNED PODCASTS  >.<

Blaze-Senpai

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 25, 2008, 05:12:45 PM
Ok, I think I'm sold. I watched about 30 video reviews from faggits across youtube and they all love it.

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THE GOD DAMNED PODCASTS  >.<
Aren't they just video clips that download automatically and sync when needed?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

strongbad

Quote from: Blaziken Prince on February 25, 2008, 08:17:04 PM
Aren't they just video clips that download automatically and sync when needed?

No idea. I had heard that you can download podcasts via wifi without connecting to your comp. There are only a few that I'm interested in like G4, but other than that it's not a big deal  doodthing;

Blaze-Senpai

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 26, 2008, 06:20:25 AM
No idea. I had heard that you can download podcasts via wifi without connecting to your comp. There are only a few that I'm interested in like G4, but other than that it's not a big deal  doodthing;
Ah, that would be wireless synching; only works if you have a wireless connection and your computer's hooked to it.

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on February 26, 2008, 01:36:19 AM
Sucks.
alright, who's the asshole who made lawlz think his opinion matters baddood;

strongbad

Quote from: Blaziken Prince on February 26, 2008, 03:04:24 PM
Ah, that would be wireless synching; only works if you have a wireless connection and your computer's hooked to it.

Which would work for me  powerofone;

mariofreak

i love my zune (30) and from what ive seen of the 80 its eight million times better and i will be purchasing one once it goes down in price

Go Up