September 29, 2024, 02:28:15 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Preddy damn lone-stah if ah recall correk'leh.

Started by sans culottes, February 24, 2008, 06:41:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

I now declare this the most Texas album ever.

Discuss.
I support BUSH

Houdini

sans culottes

It's not their best, but I think it rules. Probably their most overlooked albums of their 70s period because it had no classics nor hit singles.

But it's got everything essential to Texas. A little bit country, a little bit blues, a little bit rock n' roll. Also full of lyrics relevant to Texas and the southwest.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Where's the metal? Pantera came from Texas, you know.

sans culottes

Since I know you hate glam metal I bet you'd love to see this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHv99XhJ5zk
Yeah. That's right. Pantera started out with a couple of high schoolers playing Van Halen and KISS covers and evolved into a hair metal band that strangely never got big.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 09:04:33 PM
Since I know you hate glam metal I bet you'd love to see this.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHv99XhJ5zk
Yeah. That's right. Pantera started out with a couple of high schoolers playing Van Halen and KISS covers and evolved into a hair metal band that strangely never got big.
I already knew that. I don't have to like every period of a band's career to like the band. Just ask a Metallica fan about Load/ReLoad.

Houdini

Quote from: steal on February 25, 2008, 11:11:54 AM
St. Anger was worse. :(
St. Anger was tolerable. Load/ReLoad were at best boring and at worst completely unlistenable.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on February 25, 2008, 10:59:53 AM
I already knew that. I don't have to like every period of a band's career to like the band. Just ask a Metallica fan about Load/ReLoad.

yessir ino u dont.

I've made some Pantera fans say "WTF THIS IS PANTERA?" with that before though. Really hilarious to show to a metalhead when he bashes glam metal.

oh and i actually like a couple songs from load. reload is crap though.
I support BUSH

Go Up