June 30, 2024, 02:34:49 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Warpaint

Started by sans culottes, February 23, 2008, 06:48:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

sans culottes

Yes, I know there's shitty bands everywhere.

Funny, generally most fans of rock who are from the south like southern rock to an extent. And Kaz, California is basically the New England of the southwest.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 12:49:59 PM
Yes, I know there's shitty bands everywhere.

Funny, generally most fans of rock who are from the south like southern rock to an extent. And Kaz, California is basically the New England of the southwest.

lol nirvana is washington's band

Also, yes, I know CA is kinda like that. One thing I can say about CA though...god, The Beach Boys are really...not that good.

sans culottes

wtf nirvana got 2 do wit dis?

Oh and y'know what's funny, a lot of Californian bands don't have much members who come from Cali. My favorite band, GNR, is known as an LA band but Axl and Izzy are from Indiana, Duff is from Seattle, Slash is from the UK, and Adler is from Ohio (Adler and Slash both moved to LA when they were teens).

L.A. was a big place for 80s bands, I'll give u dat cali.
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 02:40:07 PM

I was just giving an example of a northern band that sucks. powerofone;

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 02:40:07 PM

Oh and y'know what's funny, a lot of Californian bands don't have much members who come from Cali. My favorite band, GNR, is known as an LA band but Axl and Izzy are from Indiana, Duff is from Seattle, Slash is from the UK, and Adler is from Ohio (Adler and Slash both moved to LA when they were teens).

L.A. was a big place for 80s bands, I'll give u dat cali.
LA is a despicable city and I doubt a decent band has ever come out of it.

LINK2K9

Quote from: Kazarus on February 24, 2008, 03:41:20 PM
I was just giving an example of a northern band that sucks. powerofone;

They got some good tunes.

..... befuddlement

Well, they covered some good tunes at least. And About A Girl isn't that bad.

Yeah, they suck.

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Nirvana's alright. I like Lithium.
Quote from: Houdini on February 24, 2008, 04:20:46 PM
LA is a despicable city and I doubt a decent band has ever come out of it.

Guns N' Roses
Van Halen
Motley Crue
Black Flag
The Doors
Rage Against The Machine
The Dead Kennedys
Jane's Addiction
The Eagles
RHCP
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeth

magician;
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 06:29:39 PM
Guns N' Roses
Van Halen
Motley Crue
Jane's Addiction
The Eagles
RHCP

magician;
Eeeeeeeew. The rest of the bands you mentioned are good, though, so whate4ver. It's still a despicable city.

sans culottes

Fucking serious? GNR and Van Halen are Godly.

Crue, I'd expect you all to hate because they're HAIR METAL OMG GUYS I DUN LISN 2 GLAM FAGZ, and I wouldn't expect anyone to really care about JA. The Eagles I don't like either but they're 'decent'.

RHCP's Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik albums I like. After that they made shit like Stadium Arcadium.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 06:49:42 PM
Fucking serious? GNR and Van Halen are Godly.
No, not really. They're better than a lot of other 80's butt rock bands, but that's not saying much.

Crue, I'd expect you all to hate because they're HAIR METAL OMG GUYS I DUN LISN 2 GLAM FAGZ,
Most glam/hair metal bands just rip off the New York Dolls.

and I wouldn't expect anyone to really care about JA.
I can't argue with that.

The Eagles I don't like either but they're 'decent'.
Well, they have Joe Walsh, so they can't suck completely.

RHCP's Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik albums I like. After that they made shit like Stadium Arcadium.
RHCP aren't bad, but I can't listen to them because their fans drive me insane.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on February 24, 2008, 06:55:29 PM
No, not really. They're better than a lot of other 80's butt rock bands, but that's not saying much.

Most glam/hair metal bands just rip off the New York Dolls.

I can't argue with that.

Well, they have Joe Walsh, so they can't suck completely.

RHCP aren't bad, but I can't listen to them because their fans drive me insane.

1) For GNR, listen to Use Your Illusion 2. It's a musical masterpiece. Van Halen is enjoyable if you don't try to take them seriously. These bands are my top two.
2) A lot suck (like Poison) but Crue and Skid Row are the two I've found better than the rest. Crue makes some great hard rock tunes that I love. But yeah I'll agree a lot of glam comes from the Dolls. But imo the whole hair metal sound relates best to Led Zeppelin - heavy riffs and high vocals.
3) i <3 Nothing's Shocking
4) Yeah... The Eagles made a couple good songs.
5) TOTALLY FUCKING AGREE. I hate all these RHCP-fag kiddies. "I bought Stadium Arcadium and Californication and I LOVE IT! It's totally funky! I've also tried Blood Sugar Sex Magik but... I don't get it". For one I find it funny how a lot of fans of RHCP's new stuff still call it 'funk-rock'. They're barely funky these days. They need to shut up and at least learn who Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons are.
I support BUSH

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 06:29:39 PMGuns N' Roses
Van Halen
Motley Crue
Black Flag
The Doors
Rage Against The Machine
The Dead Kennedys
Jane's Addiction
The Eagles
RHCP
Slayer
Metallica
Megadeth

magician;
myface;

Also, Ted Nugent is horrible.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

sans culottes

Wow, you guys hate everything.
I support BUSH

Houdini

Quote from: Co-Z on February 24, 2008, 09:00:38 PM
1) For GNR, listen to Use Your Illusion 2. It's a musical masterpiece.
I already did. Appetite For Destruction isn't bad, but both Use Your Illusion albums are unlistenable.

Van Halen is enjoyable if you don't try to take them seriously.
A lot of their pre-Hagar stuff is good. I have their first album, and I still listen to it every now and then. Everything after 1984 is really bland.

2) A lot suck (like Poison) but Crue and Skid Row are the two I've found better than the rest. Crue makes some great hard rock tunes that I love. But yeah I'll agree a lot of glam comes from the Dolls.
Skid Row is respectable. Crue is just dumb.

But imo the whole hair metal sound relates best to Led Zeppelin - heavy riffs and high vocals.
Heavy riffs? Are you kidding? And Led Zeppelin was all about the groove, whereas all hair metal has in the way of rhythm is reverb-y, metronomic arena-rock drums and straight-eighth-note doo-doo-doo-doo bass lines.

3) i <3 Nothing's Shocking
"Jane Says" is one of the most boring songs I've ever heard.

4) Yeah... The Eagles made a couple good songs.
I guess. Still, James Gang is far, far superior.

5) TOTALLY FUCKING AGREE. I hate all these RHCP-fag kiddies. "I bought Stadium Arcadium and Californication and I LOVE IT! It's totally funky! I've also tried Blood Sugar Sex Magik but... I don't get it". For one I find it funny how a lot of fans of RHCP's new stuff still call it 'funk-rock'. They're barely funky these days.
It's even worse if you hang around bassists, because at least half of them will assault your ears with inept bastardizations of Flea's lines.

They need to shut up and at least learn who Hillel Slovak and Jack Irons are.
Jack Irons deserves way more credit than he gets.

sans culottes

Quote from: Houdini on February 25, 2008, 11:19:16 AM
I already did. Appetite For Destruction isn't bad, but both Use Your Illusion albums are unlistenable.

A lot of their pre-Hagar stuff is good. I have their first album, and I still listen to it every now and then. Everything after 1984 is really bland.

Skid Row is respectable. Crue is just dumb.

Heavy riffs? Are you kidding? And Led Zeppelin was all about the groove, whereas all hair metal has in the way of rhythm is reverb-y, metronomic arena-rock drums and straight-eighth-note doo-doo-doo-doo bass lines.

"Jane Says" is one of the most boring songs I've ever heard.

I guess. Still, James Gang is far, far superior.

It's even worse if you hang around bassists, because at least half of them will assault your ears with inept bastardizations of Flea's lines.

Jack Irons deserves way more credit than he gets.

1) I never liked UYI's when I first heard them. They're not as good as A4D but pretty amazing works of art tbh.
2) I used to never care for Van Hagar. But I'd suggest their album "Balance" or "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" good stuff. Not much people know about Balance ;_;
3) Of course it's just dumb. But still some fun music once in awhile. And Nikki Sixx fucking owns.
4) It's different, but I still can see a link between Zeppelin and the hair metal style.
5) I TOTALLY FUCKING AGREE. I hate that one.
6) I really need to start listening to James Gang
7) Thank God I'm not a very good bassist. I wouldn't even try one of his basslines.
8) yessir
I support BUSH

Go Up