September 30, 2024, 02:22:28 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

LEVELS THAT ARE JUST TOOOO LOOOOONNNNNGGG

Started by ncba93ivyase, February 23, 2008, 12:41:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

I find it hard to enjoy a game of Phalanx because most levels are ten minutes or longer. The levels aren't necessarily bad, but it's just annoying going through some anti-gravity river for ten minutes and facing the same challenges nonstop until you finally get to some disgustingly easy boss. They could've made each level half as long and it'd be twice as good... and easier to beat since I wouldn't have to replay all that baloney from the very beginning whenever I decide to come back and try to beat it. :'(

Also, any RPG with dungeons just sicken me.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Geno

Level 69 on World of Warcraft.

It takes a shitload of experience to hit 70.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

UnagiPower

The levels in Half Life 2.

I JUST WANT TO BEAT THE GAMES SO I CAN GO BACK TO PLAYING TF2.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Meltokio Sewers and Ymir forest from TOS, neither should have been in the god damn game.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: UnagiPower on February 23, 2008, 06:15:06 AM

And the problem is you don't know where the hell you are or what the goal is so you really don't know if you're even close to beating the level. :'(

Also, the 30 seconds loads times every 15 seconds just makes the game even worse.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Feynman

Quote from: UnagiPower on February 23, 2008, 06:15:06 AM

hey aren't you the justin with a shitty pc goowan

DID YOU MIGRATE AWAY FROM YOUR BROTHER'S COMPUTER?

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on February 23, 2008, 09:56:37 AM
And the problem is you don't know where the hell you are or what the goal is so you really don't know if you're even close to beating the level. :'(

Also, the 30 seconds loads times every 15 seconds just makes the game even worse.

Get a better PC you dick fag, only takes 5 seconds to load on my 360 and 7 on my new PC. And still, you're fucking retarded if you can't follow a road to your destination and get lost. Can't wait to see you try to drive. "DURR HURR HURR MAPQUEST SAYS TO FOLLOW THIS ROAD TILL I GET TO A BRICK WALL BUT FUCK IM SO LOST"

ncba93ivyase

February 23, 2008, 11:09:42 AM #7 Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:17:40 AM by Lawlz
Quote from: C.Mongler on February 23, 2008, 10:40:08 AM
Get a better PC you dick fag, only takes 5 seconds to load on my 360 and 7 on my new PC. And still, you're fucking retarded if you can't follow a road to your destination and get lost. Can't wait to see you try to drive. "DURR HURR HURR MAPQUEST SAYS TO FOLLOW THIS ROAD TILL I GET TO A BRICK WALL BUT FUCK IM SO LOST"
Here's the plotline for Halflife 2: We don't go to Ravenholm.

Wow, that tells me exactly what I need to do and exactly where I need to go and exactly what's going on.

Half-Life 2 sucks and has quite possibly the worst plotline, or lack thereof, in any game I've ever played. Hell, every generic shmup I've ever played has a greater story than Half-Life 2. The gameplay itself is sometimes fun,  but dropping some buggy off a crane and telling me to shoot antlions with a gravity gun and jsut drive until I get somewhere tells me nothing. Sure, there are some parts where you can just follow a road, but if you just follow the road, you're not going to get anywhere. You'll just come up to a wall.

Also, 90% of the game is just "OH GOD RUN FOR YOUR LIFE THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE YOU PRISONER." That's alright for 30 minutes in a game like that, but that's all the entire game is.

Team Fortress 2 is amazing, Portal is pretty good, but Half-Life 2 is just utter slop and I'm ashamed to have it hailed as the greatest scifi game ever. Really, just imagine watching a movie with some silent guy running from some other guys with gas masks for 20 hours and not telling you a single goddamn thing about what's going on. That's all Half-Life 2 is.

Seriously, it doesn't need golden arrows like Bioshock, but there could at least be maps somewhere in the game or maybe signs with hints on where to go. "lmao go to the lab" tells me jack shit unless I'm backtracking, and this isn't Metroid.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on February 23, 2008, 11:09:42 AM
Here's the plotline for Halflife 2: We don't go to Ravenholm.

Wow, that tells me exactly what I need to do and exactly where I need to go and exactly what's going on.

Half-Life 2 sucks and has quite possibly the worst plotline, or lack thereof, in any game I've ever played. Hell, every generic shmup I've ever played has a greater story than Half-Life 2. The gameplay itself is sometimes fun,  but dropping some buggy off a crane and telling me to shoot antlions with a gravity gun and jsut drive until I get somewhere tells me nothing. Sure, there are some parts where you can just follow a road, but if you just follow the road, you're not going to get anywhere. You'll just come up to a wall.

Also, 90% of the game is just "OH GOD RUN FOR YOUR LIFE THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE YOU PRISONER." That's alright for 30 minutes in a game like that, but that's all the entire game is.

Team Fortress 2 is amazing, Portal is pretty good, but Half-Life 2 is just utter slop and I'm ashamed to have it hailed as the greatest scifi game ever. Really, just imagine watching a movie with some silent guy running from some other guys with gas masks for 20 hours and not telling you a single goddamn thing about what's going on. That's all Half-Life 2 is.

Seriously, it doesn't need golden arrows like Bioshock, but there could at least be maps somewhere in the game or maybe signs with hints on where to go. "lmao go to the lab" tells me jack shit unless I'm backtracking, and this isn't Metroid.

Speaking of Metroid, Metroid is the biggest pile of shit I've ever played when it comes to "WHERE THE FUCK AM I GOING" and "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON" so I really don't understand your logic. At all.

It also helps if you play fucking Half Life 1, you know, that sort of explains how this shit happened. Shit happens in Black Mesa, rip in universe or some shit so aliens are everywhere. Gordon defeats alien master by going into space. Thus while he's there the combine are like 'o space hole lets take over earth". Gordon comes back and is like shit.

you know what fuck it this explains it better than i can
http://www.youtube.com/v/devEDGtgZ64&rel=1

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 23, 2008, 12:41:46 PM
It also helps if you play fucking Half Life 1, you know, that sort of explains how this shit happened. Shit happens in Black Mesa, rip in universe or some shit so aliens are everywhere. Gordon defeats alien master by going into space. Thus while he's there the combine are like 'o space hole lets take over earth". Gordon comes back and is like shit.

It'd be nice if the game had it's own story instead of just being a continuation of action from the previous game and no progression of storyline.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on February 23, 2008, 02:46:56 PM
It'd be nice if the game had it's own story instead of just being a continuation of action from the previous game and no progression of storyline.

QuoteseĆ,Ā·quel      /?sikw?l/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[see-kwuhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
Ć¢ā,¬ā€œnoun
1.   a literary work, movie, etc., that is complete in itself but continues the narrative of a preceding work.

wat

NOA_Haunted

I took my friend and his brother 3 hours to beat one level in Halo 3 on Legendary.

strongbad

Quote from: xXTheHaunted on February 23, 2008, 03:52:07 PM
I took my friend and his brother 3 hours to beat one level in Halo 3 on Legendary.

They must suck.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Cameron the Smash Fag on February 23, 2008, 06:25:25 AM
Meltokio Sewers and Ymir forest from TOS, neither should have been in the god damn game.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Those parts just piss me off.

Go Up