July 02, 2024, 11:16:20 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Looking for some interesting music

Started by strongbad, February 20, 2008, 08:36:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Talking Heads are good if you're into the whole "Art-Punk" scene

hotlikesauce.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 20, 2008, 10:34:59 PM
Heard of them, I don't think I've heard them.

Also, what's one of Muse's good songs? My friend was obessing over them a while ago.
Well you should try the Murphys sometime... It's a great blend of Irish, punk, and rock music elements.

hotlikesauce.

In my opinion, the best MUSE song is either "Our time is running out" or "Knights of Cydonia".

Houdini

Placebo Headwound

strongbad

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 21, 2008, 01:26:57 PM
Well you should try the Murphys sometime... It's a great blend of Irish, punk, and rock music elements.

Listened to some of their stuff on youtube and I like 'em.
Do you think they'll be on itunes?

sans culottes

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 21, 2008, 12:57:41 PM
They ARE punk, they're just more generic than other bands.

Not generic punk. More like, generic-pop-punk (and pop-punk is a fucking oxymoron). Seriously, what the Hell is punk about I'm Feeling This or All The Small Things? It's more pop than punk tbh. And if they really were punk, they wouldn't make shitty music that makes 12 year old girls scream when it's played on MTV.

Let me tell you a story about a small Californian band known as Black Flag. Drugs, sex, rock n' roll, it was that life for an L.A. punk in the late 70's. But unlike other bands, getting big was a lot harder. In fact, their most popular song, TV Party, was made as a joke. So, they became well known for their fast paced, heavy, and loud punk tunes in the early 80s. But what did they do? They made My War, a record mainly consisting of slow, long, and 'grungey' songs. Their fans? A lot of them were pissed that Black Flag slowed down. But they did it anyways, and hey, a bunch of guys in Seattle liked it, and it became a big influence to grunge.

It's really sad what the term 'punk' is being used for.
I support BUSH

strongbad

Ok, I see what you mean.
I've always had them refered to as punk, and never really thought about it.

sans culottes

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 21, 2008, 09:42:53 PM
Ok, I see what you mean.
I've always had them refered to as punk, and never really thought about it.

Wow. I just flamed the shit out of two of your favorite bands and you accepted the criticism. I love you.
I support BUSH

strongbad

Quote from: Co-Z on February 21, 2008, 09:55:42 PM
Wow. I just flamed the shit out of two of your favorite bands and you accepted the criticism. I love you.

Well, yeah, but I still like them  doodthing;
I don't really care if it's not real punk or whatever.

sans culottes

Well I personally think they're pieces of shit, but yeah. A more correct term is pop-punk.
I support BUSH

strongbad

Ok. I couldn't really care less about what other people think about the music that I like. If you let other people influence what you like to listen to, you'd be retarded.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 22, 2008, 10:48:57 AM
Ok. I couldn't really care less about what other people think about the music that I like. If you let other people influence what you like to listen to, you'd be retarded.

You're smarter than I thought.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Strongbad007 on February 21, 2008, 07:31:28 PM
Listened to some of their stuff on youtube and I like 'em.
Do you think they'll be on itunes?
Yeah, I've gotten some of their songs off there

Go Up