June 30, 2024, 02:32:15 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music nerdiness/faggotry

Started by sans culottes, February 18, 2008, 06:26:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Selkie on February 18, 2008, 06:53:11 PM
Frances the Mute is the most artistically creative, musically provocative, and daringly original album to ever be released in the 21'st century.

Wait, that's a fact.
Uh, De-Loused > Frances baddood;

sans culottes

Quote from: reefer on February 18, 2008, 10:28:45 PM
Anyways what Led Zeppelin album should I listen to? Nothing thats been played on the Radio please, or at least minimize the songs that I've probably already heard. I'd like to give them a second chance.

How The West Was Won.

Fucking amazing. You think the Immigrant Song, Black Dog, and The Ocean are good songs? Wait 'till you hear 'em live in '72. Also the studio versions of Over The Hills and Dancing Days were never very appealing to me, but when I heard them live it was AMAZ-Z-Z-Z-Z-ING. Plus there's a 20 minute drum solo, 23 minute medley based on Whole Lotta Love, and 25 minute Dazed and Confused medley.
I support BUSH

The Speaker Of Words

Arctic Monkeys are the greatest band ever.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: The Speaker Of Words on February 19, 2008, 08:41:01 PM
I should kill you where you stand  baddood;

The Speaker Of Words

LINK2K9

February 20, 2008, 11:37:34 PM #20 Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 11:44:53 PM by LINK2K9
Quote from: The Speaker Of Words on February 19, 2008, 08:41:01 PM

A band with two albums under the belt, one an over-hyped, mediocre album with a horrible lead off single? Said album being their first which only had a handful of good songs (Those songs being A Certain Romance, Mardy Bum, View From The Afternoon, and When The Sun Goes Down). Hardly the debut album of the decade, as the British hype train said and it hardly stands in the pantheon of great British music.

They've redeemed themselves with their second album, though their attempts at "rawk", such as Brianstorm are still dire. Alex Turner is better off writing songs such as Flourescent Adolescent, a joyful two minute pop tune perfect for the Glastonbury crowds and radio play, or the darker 505 and Only Ones Who Know, possibly Mr. Turner's modern take on 80s British bands such as The Smiths and Echo and the Bunnymen. Other highlights of the album include Old Yellow Bricks and Do Me A Favour.

Overall, I wouldn't even call the Arctic Monkeys the best British band to break into the quasi-indie/mainstream British charts, let alone the best ever. However, I must say they're turning out be the most promising off the groups picked out and hyped up by the British press. No signs of them falling flat on their faces (Razorlight) or spiting into three separate groups (The Libertines).

lol lara lol

sans culottes

Arctic Monkeys just plain suck ass.
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 21, 2008, 06:21:34 AM
Arctic Monkeys just plain suck ass.

Their second album is excellent.

"bububububu uhhhuhuhuhu they dunt rawk herd"

lol lara lol

The Speaker Of Words

February 21, 2008, 08:57:36 PM #23 Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:01:20 PM by The Speaker Of Words
Screw you guys!  :(
Arctic Monkeys are awesome.

And Oasis sucks now.

LINK2K9

February 21, 2008, 09:14:39 PM #24 Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:19:12 PM by LINK2K9
Quote from: The Speaker Of Words on February 21, 2008, 08:57:36 PM
Screw you guys!  :(
Arctic Monkeys are awesome.

And Oasis sucks now.

I never said the Arctic Monkeys weren't awesome, I just said that they were over hyped from the start and their debut album is nothing much, especially if you compare it to the other big debuts hyped up from the British press (i.e: Is This It and Up The Bracket).

If their next album is like FWN then I'll be happy. I'm also looking forward to Alex Turner's collaboration with that dude from The Rascals.

As for Oasis, we'll see how the Arctic Monkeys fare a decade from 2006. Oasis is one of the few British bands from the 90s that can sell out stadiums and sell millions of records a decade plus after their time. We'll see if the Arctic Monkeys can stand the test of time. I do have a feeling that there is a lot more to Alex Turner's songwriting then what we've seen/

lol lara lol

sans culottes

nonononono the artic munkiez suk

If they were named "The Sunshine Boys" would they be as popular as they are?
I support BUSH

LINK2K9

Quote from: Co-Z on February 21, 2008, 09:52:31 PM
nonononono the artic munkiez suk

If they were named "The Sunshine Boys" would they be as popular as they are?

If they had the same tunes, yeah. As if the Arctic Monkeys wasn't a bad name to being with.

lol lara lol

sans culottes

yeah but i think the name 'the arctic monkeys' makes a lot of 13 year olds think 'lol, monkies r cool'.
I support BUSH

Selkie

Quote from: Jesus on February 19, 2008, 12:44:23 AM
Uh, De-Loused > Frances baddood;

noo

Frances is so much more epic

Though I do admit De-Loused is not behind by much, they are both very close.

And Amputechture basically didn't even leave the starting gate yet. Though Day of the Baphomets is my favorite TMV song, and Tetratrammaton is incredible.

The Speaker Of Words

Quote from: Co-Z on February 22, 2008, 05:53:57 AM
yeah but i think the name 'the arctic monkeys' makes a lot of 13 year olds think 'lol, monkies r cool'.

I'm 14.  baddood;

Go Up