September 24, 2024, 12:18:17 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

If you could have an arcade cabinet what game would it be

Started by The artist formally known, February 14, 2008, 04:22:35 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

I plan on buying one once I'm older.

I would like mine to be 4 players or more, game doesn't matter too much because I'd scrap everything but the cabinet and the arcade sticks and maybe the monitor to make room for MAME. It'd be able to play all arcade games ever made.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

TMNT, the arcade game. Final answer.
http://www.thepinballcompany.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=481

2nd choice:
http://www.arcadeshowroom.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=769

Thats probably it, maybe Metal Slug 1 or something, I really want something that just screams manly, the TMNT one doesn't do it but Metal Slug would.

Placebo Headwound

YPrrrr

KonohaShinobi

Samus Aran

I can only pick one?  gonk;

I dunno, probably a Marvel vs. Capcom one or something similar to that.

Samus Aran

Quote from: MARIOMANIAC21 on February 14, 2008, 02:23:25 PM
If you're getting a Mvs.C arcade, get the 2nd one.

okie

The only version of Mvs.C I've played is the one that was ported to the Dreamcast. I'm buying it from my friend John along with his Dreamcast and a bunch of other games for about $30 this summer.

ncba93ivyase

Jesus, am I the only one that played the Strikers: 1945 games?

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 14, 2008, 02:29:09 PM
Jesus, am I the only one that played the Strikers: 1945 games?

Probably. I know what they are, though. I'd just prefer to have a 2D fighting cabinet than a shmup one.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on February 14, 2008, 02:30:54 PM
Probably. I know what they are, though. I'd just prefer to have a 2D fighting cabinet than a shmup one.
but fighters are more comfortable on control pads and shmups are best on tall screens :'(

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on February 14, 2008, 02:32:13 PM
but fighters are more comfortable on control pads and shmups are best on tall screens :'(

Perhaps. But I really like the multiplayer arcade experience, and when it comes to facing off against someone, I prefer games like Marvel vs. Capcom.

Don't get me wrong though, because I'd love to have other cabinets too, several of them being shmups.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on February 14, 2008, 02:21:29 PM
I can only pick one?  gonk;

I dunno, probably a Marvel vs. Capcom one or something similar to that.
Oh god I love that game.

I have the second one for my PS2 though, so I wouldn't really need the cabinet save for nostalgia

Quote from: Kaz on February 14, 2008, 02:27:28 PM
okie

The only version of Mvs.C I've played is the one that was ported to the Dreamcast. I'm buying it from my friend John along with his Dreamcast and a bunch of other games for about $30 this summer.
awesome deal

Go Up