June 22, 2024, 03:27:34 AM

1,531,269 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

My trip to Gamestop (2/9/08)

Started by KonohaShinobi, February 09, 2008, 03:55:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

So I went in after a trip to Wal-Mart not knowing what I wanted. So I walked around a bit and saw GHIII and the Wii demos were out. Since I own SMG I walked past it eying the Brawl poster hoping there isn't another ridiculous delay and traversed past the old PS2 games and found the GHIII demo on the 360. So I waited for the little faggot to finish and I gave it ago. The little bitch didn't go back to the menu, common curtesy among in-store video game players, such as myself, and it was left on the character create screen, thus forcing me to go back to the main menu and to quickplay. This was my fist time playing guitar hero. I tried some guns and roses song on easy and was booed off twice because the fucking buttons weren't pressing. So I went to the tutorial and figured out that you had to flip the whammy bar every time you hit a note. So I went back and tried the Guns and roses song again. Failed. Then went to Slow Ride, and totally beasted on that shit! FUCK YEAH! I felt like a total badass putting the guitar back in it's place and walking toward the cashier's counter a total rockstar.

Then I looked in the Wii section for a new game. I saw RE4 Wii Edition and instantly decided THAT was what I wanted. So I told the woman and she ringed it up and went around the counter picked up the display case and placed a disk inside. I stared at her and was like "wtf?" THAT IS NOT NEW. New is peeling off the annoying plastic and smelling the new game smell. THAT SHIT WAS NOT NEW! Anway, then she asked for ID. I obviously do not have any. So she tells me to get an adult. So I had to get my mom and buy the fucking thing. Jack Thompson's experiment must have been a lie seeing as I couldn't even get fucking RE4 without a parent. Bitch.

Overall, the experience was decent. I owned at GHIII (On my to-buy list after Brawl) and i left with RE 4 Wii Edition, although I now have 2 RE4s now...what to do with the GCN version....

Tomboh

ME##

Quote from: Tomboh on February 09, 2008, 04:03:14 PM
huh

I know. goonish

Also, only the really retarded people forget to ask for your ID.

Hermione Granger

Quote from: ME86 on February 09, 2008, 04:12:17 PM
I know. goonish

Also, only the really retarded people forget to ask for your ID.
yes, it's basically a must to ask for ID these days. luckily i'm old enough now. wub;

Placebo Headwound

Character create screen?

You sure you weren't playing Rock Band?

Also, lol @ whammy bar comment.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Jesus on February 09, 2008, 06:13:56 PM
Character create screen?

You sure you weren't playing Rock Band?

Also, lol @ whammy bar comment.

it was on carreer mode when the first guy left. yes, it was guitar hero.
i didn't know what anything on the guitar was. my first time...

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 09, 2008, 07:29:00 PM
it was on carreer mode when the first guy left. yes, it was guitar hero.
i didn't know what anything on the guitar was. my first time...
You sure? There's no character create screen in GH. Only a character select screen.

Also, the thing you hit to play notes is called a strum bar. The whammy bar is the thing you hold down during long notes that alters the sound and extracts star power. baddood;

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Jesus on February 09, 2008, 07:37:19 PM
You sure? There's no character create screen in GH. Only a character select screen.

Also, the thing you hit to play notes is called a strum bar. The whammy bar is the thing you hold down during long notes that alters the sound and extracts star power. baddood;

same thing...

oh yeah.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Placebo Headwound

February 10, 2008, 08:28:18 AM #9 Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 09:11:31 AM by Jesus
Quote from: Original_MIB on February 10, 2008, 08:25:14 AM
wtf is a whammy bar

You see that stick next to the two white buttons? That's the whammy bar.

Bushy

1. Your title says you went to Gamestop, but in the topic you said Wal-Mart

2. lol ID

3. lol, Whammy Bar
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Jesus on February 10, 2008, 08:28:18 AM

You see that stick next to the two white buttons? That's the whammy bar.
whammy bar sounds gay

they should call it a lever
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Bushy

Quote from: Original_MIB on February 10, 2008, 11:21:08 AM
whammy bar sounds gay

they should call it a lever
Lever sounds gay

They should call it the "elongate the note of music you are currently playing" bar powerofone;
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

The artist formally known

guitar hero looks so fucking dumb but really it's not.

I thought it was the worst game ever until I played it and it was actually quite fun.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Bushybrow on February 10, 2008, 11:19:34 AM
1. Your title says you went to Gamestop, but in the topic you said Wal-Mart

2. lol ID

3. lol, Whammy Bar

wal-mart then gamestop faggot stop looking for plot holes, sorry my topics aren't proofread by James Patterson.

Go Up