September 28, 2024, 02:34:00 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

psstt

Started by Daddy, February 07, 2008, 05:39:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

LCK

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 07, 2008, 05:56:53 PM
Can someone here please learn a different instrument? edumacate;

Seems like the only person that doesn't play guitar is Snorkel
i can play a recorder baddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Trevor on February 07, 2008, 08:17:24 PM
i can play a recorder baddood;

hot cross buns has a wicked sweet melody

LCK

Quote from: Kaz on February 07, 2008, 08:18:00 PM
hot cross buns has a wicked sweet melody
yea so does mary had a little lamb

Daddy

I can play the glockenspiel.

Chrissstopher

http://www.cyberfret.com/

Pretty good site to use as reference when it comes to online lessons. They have a bass version also. Just add 'bass' after fret and presto. You can find tabs to almost any song just by simply typing in "[Band name/song name here] Guitar Tabs" into Google. Try to also play by ear though. Theory can wait until you've familiarized yourself with the instrument and such.

As for programs to record yourself, Audacity is one that my friend uses, but he had to buy an extra component to plug his guitar in. Not associated with Audacity, though that's the limit to my knowledge on the matter.

Daddy

Quote from: Chrissstopher on February 07, 2008, 08:49:39 PM
http://www.cyberfret.com/

Pretty good site to use as reference when it comes to online lessons. They have a bass version also. Just add 'bass' after fret and presto. You can find tabs to almost any song just by simply typing in "[Band name/song name here] Guitar Tabs" into Google. Try to also play by ear though. Theory can wait until you've familiarized yourself with the instrument and such.
Thanks

QuoteAs for programs to record yourself, Audacity is one that my friend uses, but he had to buy an extra component to plug his guitar in. Not associated with Audacity, though that's the limit to my knowledge on the matter.
I think I'd be able to use GarageBand.

Houdini

Selkie

Get personal lessons

Once a week for about an hour would be plenty. Though it may cost a bit more than you want to pay, since it's weekly.

But it really helps a poop-load.

Also, Just get tabs off the compy and try learning your favorite songs. Just practice them like they are going out of style.

Selkie

Also James, this place

http://ultimate-guitar.com/

has some lessons(but it could be hard to actually learn a lesson without someone physically explaining it), and also is the largest database for tabs on the net. You can find tabs for lotsa songs there.

I recommend just learning simple songs at first, then try your best to progress smoothly in difficulty as you get better.

Sam

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on February 07, 2008, 05:56:53 PM
Can someone here please learn a different instrument? edumacate;

Seems like the only person that doesn't play guitar is Snorkel

I play drums.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

FAMY2

Daddy

ok like so i got this widget and i was using my brother's guitar and stuff

do i put my thumb where the x is, and a finger across the 3 green dots and strum all the strings at once?

Selkie

Quote from: JMV290 on February 09, 2008, 03:28:09 PM
ok like so i got this widget and i was using my brother's guitar and stuff

do i put my thumb where the x is, and a finger across the 3 green dots and strum all the strings at once?

you just mute that string actually, hit all the other strings and mute that one

Daddy

Quote from: Selkie on February 09, 2008, 03:33:39 PM
you just mute that string actually, hit all the other strings and mute that one
is mute not strumming it?

Selkie

Quote from: JMV290 on February 09, 2008, 03:35:19 PM
is mute not strumming it?

mute is lightly putting a finger on it so that if you hit it by accident it doesn't make any noise

Go Up