September 28, 2024, 02:35:16 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Any recommendations for good songs?

Started by One Man Freak Show, January 14, 2008, 11:31:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Selkie on January 15, 2008, 06:22:30 PM
The Widow and Miranda were amazing.

Cassandra is just bitched about by wussies who can't handle the length.
Miranda and Cassandra both have too many boring parts.

Also, the last two and a half minutes of The Widow are just boring sound effects. befuddlement

Selkie

Quote from: Jesus on January 15, 2008, 06:26:55 PM
Miranda and Cassandra both have too many boring parts.

Also, the last two and a half minutes of The Widow are just boring sound effects. befuddlement

I can honestly listen to Cassandra from start to finish and never be bored.

And if it's the last third of the song you're talking about, that's my favorite part to be honest  psyduck;

LINK2K9

January 15, 2008, 08:42:45 PM #17 Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:03:11 PM by LINK2K9
Quote from: Kaz on January 15, 2008, 04:17:36 PM
Just get everything Led Zeppelin ever recorded. Though I guess it's okay if you don't get Coda.

Srsly

Get Coda for the studio raped cover of We're Gonna Groove though.

Oh, and get Odessey and Oracle by The Zombies.

lol lara lol

One Man Freak Show

Quote from: LINK2K9 on January 15, 2008, 08:42:45 PM
Srsly

Wow. You didn't recommend Oasis. befuddlement

LINK2K9

Quote from: One Man Freak Show on January 15, 2008, 09:05:31 PM
Wow. You didn't recommend Oasis. befuddlement

You see me, you know I like Oasis. I think I've spread the word enough, time to force The Zombies down everyone's throat.

lol lara lol

36chambers

Samus Aran

Quote from: LINK2K9 on January 15, 2008, 08:42:45 PM
Srsly

I don't really like "We're Gonna Groove" that much.

The only songs I like a lot on that album are "Poor Tom," "Ozone Baby," and "Walter's Walk."

"Bonzo's Montreux" is my least favorite Zepp song, tied with "(Hats Off to) Roy Harper."

'Wearing and Tearing" is too long and boring. Not to mention just not very good in general.

They also ruined "I Can't Quit You Baby." I appreciate Page's enthusiasm, but we didn't need a rape like that to be reminded of his ability on the guitar. It ruins the original feeling of the song.

And oh god..."Darlene." That song is fucking stupid. It's catchy, but the way Plant pronounces "Darlene" just pisses me off so much. It's also waaayyyy too repetitive.

So yeah, Coda is by far their worst studio album, but it's still worth it if you're a fan, since there are at least like 2 or 3 acceptable songs on it.

Daddy

Albel The Wicked

Such Great Heights - The  Postal Service

YPrrrr

Funny Little Feeling by the Rock N Roll Soldiers

LINK2K9

Quote from: Kaz on January 17, 2008, 09:40:24 PM
I don't really like "We're Gonna Groove" that much.

The only songs I like a lot on that album are "Poor Tom," "Ozone Baby," and "Walter's Walk."

"Bonzo's Montreux" is my least favorite Zepp song, tied with "(Hats Off to) Roy Harper."

'Wearing and Tearing" is too long and boring. Not to mention just not very good in general.

They also ruined "I Can't Quit You Baby." I appreciate Page's enthusiasm, but we didn't need a rape like that to be reminded of his ability on the guitar. It ruins the original feeling of the song.

And oh god..."Darlene." That song is fucking stupid. It's catchy, but the way Plant pronounces "Darlene" just pisses me off so much. It's also waaayyyy too repetitive.

So yeah, Coda is by far their worst studio album, but it's still worth it if you're a fan, since there are at least like 2 or 3 acceptable songs on it.

We're Gonna Groove is much better in it's full glory, live at Royal Albert Hall 1970. It's a great cover, but the production of the version on Coda is just absolutely horrible.

Also, for I Can't Quit You, are you talking about how the song is mixed on Coda or Pagey's actual guitar playing? Because it's taken from one of Zeppelin's best concerts, but (again) the production on Coda ruins it.

lol lara lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Aitor on January 19, 2008, 06:11:50 PM
Such Great Heights - The  Postal Service
I should punch you in the crotch :|

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Samus Aran

Quote from: LINK2K9 on January 19, 2008, 07:24:54 PM
Also, for I Can't Quit You, are you talking about how the song is mixed on Coda or Pagey's actual guitar playing? Because it's taken from one of Zeppelin's best concerts, but (again) the production on Coda ruins it.

Both, sort of. I prefer the original version of the song, all bluesy and slowed-down and such. Page's guitar playing on the Coda version is a bit too crazy for the song if you ask me, and it sounds like he sort of mixed it with the Heartbreaker solo in one part. And yes, the production on Coda makes it sound very sloppy.

I'm sure the live version is much better.

Go Up