June 28, 2024, 08:41:04 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite Beatle?

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, January 12, 2008, 05:53:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

The Fab Four

John
4 (40%)
Paul
3 (30%)
George
2 (20%)
Ringo
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Mine is George. I love his tracks off of Help, and Here Comes the Sun is amazing. Plus his solo work, like My Sweet Lord, Faster, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth), and Got My Mind Set On You

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Selkie

Can't decide between Ringo or George.

So I picked Mccartney.

But I wish I hadn't, I wish I picked George  gonk;

YPrrrr

George Harrison of course. Paul's pretty cool too.

Wrench

Paul, because him and the Wings made "Live and Let Die"

UnagiPower

John has the best solo work out of the four in my opinion, but even then I just prefer their music as a group.

Samus Aran

Most of the best Beatles songs are Lennon/McCartney (or at least, they're labeled as such), and anyone who says different is kidding themselves.

Sure, Harrison had several great songs, but Lennon/McCartney had a shitload more.

Lennon had the best solo career. His stuff that's credited to both him and Yoko's Plastic Band or whatever is good too, though I'm not really way too fond of the way Yoko sings.

McCartney's solo career was pretty kick-ass too, but he was better with Wings than he was solo.

I'm going with Lennon.

AND WE ALLLLLL SHIIIINE OONNNN

Andrew1911

Whoever picks Ringo is a retard. Seriously, god damn.

Lennon all the way.

Selkie

Quote from: Andrew1911 on January 12, 2008, 01:30:57 PM
Whoever picks Ringo is a retard. Seriously, god damn.

Lennon all the way.

Lennon is the worst of all them.

Harrison has the most creative songs of the band. While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Within You Without You, etc.

Andrew1911

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on January 12, 2008, 02:07:35 PM
Lennon is the worst of all them.

Uh, what? I think you need to go through your Beatles collection and look at the sheer amount of great songs credited to him and McCartney.

Ringo is the worst of them. He's a great drummer. Fantastic drummer. But he's not a great songwriter.

Trying to pick between the Beatles for "creativity" is pretty stupid, considering they were all very, very creative men. And by the way, being different isn't always best.

(psst by the way here comes the sun isn't different or more creative or anything)

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on January 12, 2008, 02:14:16 PM

(psst by the way here comes the sun isn't different or more creative or anything)
It's very beautiful though. I almost shed a tear listening to it once.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on January 12, 2008, 02:23:31 PM
It's very beautiful though. I almost shed a tear listening to it once.

Of course it is. An awful lot of Beatles songs are absolutely beautiful.

Selkie

Quote from: Kaz on January 12, 2008, 02:14:16 PM
Uh, what? I think you need to go through your Beatles collection and look at the sheer amount of great songs credited to him and McCartney.

Ringo is the worst of them. He's a great drummer. Fantastic drummer. But he's not a great songwriter.

Trying to pick between the Beatles for "creativity" is pretty stupid, considering they were all very, very creative men. And by the way, being different isn't always best.

I think Ringo sucks at the drums but is a great songwriter, go figure  doodthing;

Go Up