September 26, 2024, 03:43:29 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Jesus Christ

Started by The artist formally known, January 10, 2008, 04:31:51 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

I was Wikipedia'ing some poems I had to read so I can try and understand what they're about without reading them. One of them was Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. Turns out it's an Iron Maiden song and has about five magic cards with quotes from the poem on the cards.

Jesus Bruce Dickinson is nerdy and so are the people who make Magic cards.

Placebo Headwound

You just figured that out? befuddlement

Houdini

Steve Harris actually writes most of the lyrics. They have a lot of songs about or referencing literature, history, and even TV shows, like "The Prisoner" and "To Tame a Land".

Quote from: Jesus on January 10, 2008, 12:52:21 PM
You just figured that out? befuddlement
I always knew about it, I mean come on, Bruce fences. What a fucking nerd. Also airplane.

Selkie

I was obsessed with that song in middle school

Houdini

Quote from: reefer on January 10, 2008, 10:57:07 PM
I always knew about it, I mean come on, Bruce fences. What a fucking nerd. Also airplane.
BRUCEDOESNOTWRITETHELYRICSBRUCEDOESNOTWRITETHELYRICSBRUCEDOESNOTWRITETHELYRICS

Bassists get no respect.

Quote from: Houdini on January 11, 2008, 08:26:30 PM
BRUCEDOESNOTWRITETHELYRICSBRUCEDOESNOTWRITETHELYRICSBRUCEDOESNOTWRITETHELYRICS

Bassists get no respect.
I don't really care but no matter what, if one guy is nerdy, all of his best friends are nerdy as well. And yes I admit to not knowing shit about most all bands i listen to because I don't really care, except for a few, about the members as long as their music is awesome and they're still writing it.

Also you know what I mean, the first time I didn't know and the 2nd time I was too lazy to edit it.

Go Up