September 28, 2024, 06:26:38 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you have any ancestors that were famous/important

Started by Cookie, December 05, 2007, 03:15:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cookie

Well I just recently found out that apparently my great great great great grandfather was the first lawyer to try to poison his secretary. Also some other random relative was the first person to be hung in Carisle PA.

So what about you guys?

*Waits for im related to president ______

Feynman

One of my great grandfathers produced massive amounts of opium on his land.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

My family used to own all of Deep Run/Albertson NC and part of Kinston NC.

also, my great great great grandfather (i think) served as a general in the Civil War

Title27GT

My ancestor Mr. Thomas Dayton signed the declaration of independence

YPrrrr

December 05, 2007, 03:50:58 PM #4 Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:58:34 PM by Your Posting Rival
I'm named after one of my relatives who was killed in WWI
In WWII during the battle of Britain my great grandfather saved St. Paul's Cathedral from an active bomb that feel into the basement.

Samus Aran

One of my ancestors was Doc, from Cannery Row. Of course, that wasn't his real name. He was Thomas Ricketts, and Steinbeck basically put him in the book as "Doc." Same biological lab and everything.

Daddy

We invented pizza. :|

There is some house in Pompeii the belonged to some guy named Aulo Valente http://pompeya.desdeinter.net/ctrebiovalente.htm

mariofreak

my great grandfather was like the head assistant to king cyrus in iran

and my great uncle was a military general

yeah thats it though

ncba93ivyase

There was some guy named Bruce the Great (rough translation) that served as a general or something during one of the crusades.

Aside from that, nothing.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The Speaker Of Words

Wrench

Not that I know of.

My step cousin is Bernie Kosar however, but he's not blood.

Samus Aran

Oh, also, I'm a "Mayflower child."

In other words, I had ancestors on the Mayflower. Good thing it's not well-known, because I don't want invites to those bullshit Mayflower ballroom dances.

Daddy

Quote from: Speedykaz on December 05, 2007, 06:19:25 PM
Oh, also, I'm a "Mayflower child."

In other words, I had ancestors on the Mayflower. Good thing it's not well-known, because I don't want invites to those bullshit Mayflower ballroom dances.
im going to tell them

Geno

My grandpa owned a small convienient store chain in Idaho called Y-J or something.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Go Up