September 20, 2024, 12:24:46 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash Bros. Discussion Thread

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 21, 2007, 03:12:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

greg400

January 08, 2008, 11:08:13 PM #330 Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 11:12:14 PM by MarioSonic44
NEW CHARACTER, PIKMIN AND CAPTAIN OLIMAR

Fuck yes caterpie;

The artist formally known

Told you faggots he was going to be playable.

YPrrrr

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Geno

Quote from: Cameron on January 09, 2008, 05:22:56 AM
Who thought he wouldn't? psyduck;
Seriously. The second I heard about Brawl I knew Olimar would be playable.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sylar on January 09, 2008, 07:54:09 AM
Seriously. The second I heard about Brawl I knew Olimar would be playable.

i hear hindsight is pretty cool

Geno

Apparently, someone working at Nintendo of Japan leaked the roster for SSBB in his blog.

"First of all, I want to say the characters which have been cut from the Melee roster and will not appear in Brawl as playable.
- Pichu (Cut completely, returns only as Trophy and Sticker)
- Dr. Mario (Returns as Assist Trophy)

Sorry to all that enjoyed playing as the above characters, but I hope you will be satisfied with the rest of the Brawl roster.

This is the list of the initial roster, who you can play as right when you first start the game.
- Mario
- Bowser
- Peach
- Wario
- Yoshi
- Link
- Zelda
- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Samus
- Kirby
- King Dedede
- Meta Knight
- Fox
- Pit
- Ike
- Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Captain Falcon
- Ice Climbers
- Lucas
- Pikmin & Olimar
- Sonic
- Snake

As you can see from the above list, Captain Falcon is the only character that is not shown on the website yet and every character shown is default. Zero Suit Samus is first only playable when using Samus Final Smash, but can later be unlocked to be played at any time.

The below list is a list of all characters that must be unlocked, this is the final roster, and we are sorry if your favorite character did not make the cut.

- Luigi
- Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario (Changes like Zelda in SSBM)
- Baby Mario & Luigi
- Geno
- Young Link (Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass version, is not a clone of default Link)
- Wolf Link & Midna
- Ganondorf (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Shiek (Seperate character from Zelda)
- Vaati
- Mewtwo
- Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)
- Lucario
- Jigglypuff
- Zero Suit Samus (Unlocked to be selected apart from Samus)
- Ridley
- Falco (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Krystal
- Ness (Has own moveset, is not a clone)
- Animal Crosser
- Marth
- Roy
- K.Rool
- Black Shadow
- Sukapon
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Takamaru
- Ray 01
- Andy
- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)"
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Quote from: Sylar on January 08, 2008, 09:41:22 PM
Dawei just posted this on NSF

"On the 31st of October, a guy posted in a thread on smashboards saying he knew about the stage creator before it was announced, but he didn't think the information was credible, so he didn't say anything. But once he saw it on the dojo, he decided to reveal everything he knew. he said Wolf was in, Falco and Captain Falcon were returning, Ness was returning, Lucario was taking Mewtwo's place, and Final Destanation is it. Normally this would be easily dismissed as a rumor. But here is the kicker. In that post he also talked about an item called "dragoon". He said you had to collect three pieces, and then using crosshairs to aim, you would do a type of rush.

Some people might not believe it, but it is so amazingly accurate. The chances of predicting everything, including the crosshairs is very, very slim."

I have no knowledge of that being posted without being edited before it was official. Most are still not real but as we've seen, Lucario is probably not going to happen.

Ness isn't returning. This is an old trick, people dismiss the untrue just because someone guessed one thing right. As I said already, I have no proof of him guessing the Dragoon thing. Also it's pretty easy to guess what would be in Brawl. I guessed about the series the three new comers would be from even though there was never knowledge of how many more would come.

I guessed that there would be three new newcomers from any of these six series: Pikmin, Metroid, Earthbound, Advance Wars, Kirby, and Golden Sun. I said right after we knew about Meta Knight and Zero Suit Samus. So they were not counted.

King Dedede, Lucas, and Captain Olimar

I was right, perfectly right too, I didn't guess anything false though my guess was pretty vague.

Quote from: Sylar on January 09, 2008, 10:57:02 AM
Apparently, someone working at Nintendo of Japan leaked the roster for SSBB in his blog.
Stupidest shit I've ever seen.

Geno

Quote from: reefer on January 09, 2008, 11:00:47 AM
Stupidest shit I've ever seen.
Well obviously it's fake since Sakurai already comfirmed that the 3rd party characters would have to be unlocked to play.

Samus Aran

- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)"

I could totally see that happening, actually. It'd be a cool little gimmick although if it really happened I'd probably almost never use it.

KonohaShinobi

The Mii is the only thing on that list that is the least believable.

All I want now is Bowser Jr. and Captain Falcon and I'll be happy. I'd like Lucas to have a Ness costume much like Daisy/Peach. And Luigi has Waluigi though we know it won't happen.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: reefer on January 09, 2008, 12:00:10 PM
All I want now is Bowser Jr. and Captain Falcon and I'll be happy. I'd like Lucas to have a Ness costume much like Daisy/Peach. And Luigi has Waluigi though we know it won't happen.

Bowser Jr, lol. He has about as much a chance as Boo and Petey Piranha.

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 09, 2008, 12:16:31 PM
Bowser Jr, lol. He has about as much a chance as Boo and Petey Piranha.
Petey is a boss, he's not going to be in the game as playable anyways.

Also Bowser Jr. is more known then most of those characters already in t he game, like Lucas for one.

bluaki

January 09, 2008, 12:25:14 PM #344 Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:54:15 PM by bluaki
Is it just me, or is this list of unlockable characters exactly the same as a certain list of "what characters do you want in Brawl?" from a thread at NSF.net?

http://nsiderforums.net/index.php?topic=13284.0

Go Up