October 07, 2024, 01:33:36 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Fulcrum

Started by ncba93ivyase, November 12, 2007, 09:53:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Selkie

Quote from: Lawlz on November 13, 2007, 02:14:21 PM
HE'S SITTING THE WRONG WAY :'(

lol shoulda done it in the AC Slater position

Samus Aran

how does a banana ac slater

you must give him legs

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on November 12, 2007, 09:53:21 PM
Get out your GIMP, Photoshop, Fireworks, Paint, whatever.
how about blender

didn't work that well but whatever at least it has the potatoes

also originally wasn't sure if you intended for the banana to be the fulcrum or the lever but i decided fulcrum was easier

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on November 13, 2007, 03:54:21 PM
how about blender

didn't work that well but whatever at least it has the potatoes

also originally wasn't sure if you intended for the banana to be the fulcrum or the lever but i decided fulcrum was easier
I suggest we somehow make this into a banner.

also why is blender so hard to use :'(

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on November 14, 2007, 04:21:12 AM
I suggest we somehow make this into a banner.

also why is blender so hard to use :'(
uh how and why

it isn't
okay maybe it is a bit intimidating, given that a few features can only be accessed via hotkeys, but if i hadn't made some stupid mistakes when modeling the banana, and didn't try to use the banana as the lever, this would've taken 10 or 15 minutes at the most to make (and only a month or so ago i felt pretty much the same way you feel about it now)
though, everything in that animation has a very small amount of geometry; it's just not so obvious at that size
also the physics engine is pretty cool, though tweaking it can be very very difficult; best to just keep it simple

ps if you actually want to learn how to use it, read all of these, the completed parts of this, some of these, and whatever you don't already know on this

if you don't actually want to learn how to use it, then you suck and you will never get anywhere in life

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on November 14, 2007, 12:38:18 PM
uh how and why

it isn't
okay maybe it is a bit intimidating, given that a few features can only be accessed via hotkeys, but if i hadn't made some stupid mistakes when modeling the banana, and didn't try to use the banana as the lever, this would've taken 10 or 15 minutes at the most to make (and only a month or so ago i felt pretty much the same way you feel about it now)
though, everything in that animation has a very small amount of geometry; it's just not so obvious at that size
also the physics engine is pretty cool, though tweaking it can be very very difficult; best to just keep it simple

ps if you actually want to learn how to use it, read all of these, the completed parts of this, some of these, and whatever you don't already know on this

if you don't actually want to learn how to use it, then you suck and you will never get anywhere in life
okay i downloaded blender along with other art apps since i can't have my beloved creative suite (;___________;), so i'll try to build something later today and probably fail and scream and cry and be able to model a banana in a month

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on November 15, 2007, 04:23:44 AM
okay i downloaded blender along with other art apps since i can't have my beloved creative suite (;___________;), so i'll try to build something later today and probably fail and scream and cry and be able to model a banana in a month
what other art apps

suggestion: start with tracing simple objects e.g. set a picture of a pawn as the background in the 3d view and model around it

LCK

oh my god its beautiful

ncba93ivyase

unwelc0med

Go Up