May 09, 2024, 06:07:48 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

StarPilot

Just got The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai. Trailer, screenshots, and demo available here.

Fucking hard but really fun. It's rated M though so those with child accounts won't be able to download it. There is however an option to turn off the blood effects.

Also, it's truly awesome when you grab an enemy's grenade and shove it into his buddy's face seconds before it detonates.

Nyerp

Classic

strongbad

Quote from: Hooded Justice on April 01, 2009, 07:30:15 PM
wait is rhythm heaven for dsi only

All retail DS games will be compatible with both.
Thank you.

me003

Quote from: David on April 01, 2009, 07:44:32 PM
All retail DS games will be compatible with both.
Thank you.
so whats the point of this DSi?   I haven't really read up on it. Is it just going to have a downloadable service?
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

C.Mongler

Quote from: Methree on April 02, 2009, 01:46:50 AM
so whats the point of this DSi?   I haven't really read up on it. Is it just going to have a downloadable service?

camera, music player, editing stuff

oh and there will be games only compatible with the DSi too  bassir;

strongbad

Quote from: C Mongler on April 02, 2009, 03:35:25 AM
camera, music player, editing stuff

oh and there will be games only compatible with the DSi too  bassir;

Just the DSi-Ware.
All retail games are compatible with both.

C.Mongler

Quote from: David on April 02, 2009, 06:24:55 AM
Just the DSi-Ware.
All retail games are compatible with both.

For now

In the future there will be DSi only games though  hocuspocus;

UnagiPower

Quote from: Geno on March 31, 2009, 08:40:02 PM
SUCH BULLSHIT [spoiler]WESKER[/spoiler] CAN'T DIE

[spoiler]i don't get how lava doesn't kill him, but an RPG does[/spoiler]

strongbad

Quote from: C Mongler on April 02, 2009, 11:19:48 AM
For now

In the future there will be DSi only games though  hocuspocus;

Nope hocuspocus;
Nintendo announced that retail games might feature "DSi only features", but those only go as far as using the camera to put your face in the game, or something of that sort, so you won't really be missing out.

StarPilot

Quote from: David on April 02, 2009, 08:54:16 PM
Nope hocuspocus;
Nintendo announced that retail games might feature "DSi only features", but those only go as far as using the camera to put your face in the game, or something of that sort, so you won't really be missing out.
Do some research before assuming stuff. hocuspocus;
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/25/gdc09-dsi-only-and-dsi-enhanced-cards-announced/
QuoteAt Nintendo's GDC panel on the DSi's design, Project Leader Masato Kuwahara revealed a bit of news regarding DSi software. that will either terrify or thrill you based on the status of your DSi preorder. Two new types of DS cartridges are on the way: "DSi Cards," which will only work on the DSi, and "DSi Enhanced Cards," which work on all DS systems, but will have extra features when played on a DSi.

We knew that Gameloft was planning to use some kind of hybrid DS/DSi card. But we didn't think that Nintendo would make DSi-only cards! And to be clear, by "didn't think" we mean "saw it coming a damn mile away." Confirmed: you're buying another DS.

strongbad

I did hocuspocus;
QuoteMasato Kuwahara, project leader of the Nintendo DSi Hardware group, responsible for the development of the new Nintendo handheld, says that the company is planning "Nintendo DSi enhanced game cards," offering DSi hardware-specific game features.

That means games that play on both the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo DSi, but have features that can't be accessed on the previous version of the hardware platform.

"For example," Kuwahara said today, "you will use these features if you want to create textures from photographs taken with the DSi camera." He said during his talk, "The Inspiration Behind Nintendo DSi Development," that these types of "Nintendo DSi Enhanced" game cards are still in development.

That feature could be used in games like Animal Crossing: Wild World, which currently uses an in-game texture creation tool that allows users to create patterns with the DS touchscreen.

Kuwahara also hinted at games that were designed specifically the Nintendo DSi, indicating that they would not be playable on the original Nintendo DS or DS Lite.

I was talking about the former. I didn't notice the latter bolding until I read the article just now. But in all honesty, there isn't any features on the DSi that will make games better than they already can be, so I don't see any good games coming to DSi only.

Hiro

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on April 02, 2009, 10:13:50 PM
Chinatown wars, I'll play it tomorrow
[/quote
I almost beat it. Whenever I turn it on, I get too distracted by drug dealing that I can't ever do the main quest...]

Wrench

Go Up