May 09, 2024, 12:17:50 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on September 05, 2016, 01:16:01 AM
hm

am i a kazual or is this game kind of (really) hard lol

i guess there's not reason both can't be true

i've liked it so far, but i can't help but giggle at how shameless of a souls clone it is

i thought that would help me but if anything it's made it even more difficult because i keep reverting to my dark souls muscle memory and spamming r1 when panicking, i've died as a result of that deeply ingrained dark souls habit so many times myface;

i'm also surprised by the complexity of the game's combat

am i ever going to remember to make use of the different stances

am i ever going to remember to replenish my stamina with r1, let alone perfect the timing

am i ever going to get the hang of all of these weapon skills >.<
Welcome to Team Ninja-Souls.
The main thing I took away from it, is that stamina (ki) managament is SO MUCH more important than it ever was in Souls.

Which isn't a bad thing really.

How far did you get?

Nyerp

i think nioh is p. hard lol

but yeah "r1 after every combo" is pretty crucial if you don't want to run out of breath (and then die)

ki pulse (doing it with perfect timing) is also important for fighting oni so you can get rid of their stamina-sucking pools

but i'm also bad at utilizing the different stances except for when it's super obvious that you should be using low stance (ground zombies)

TooB

I don't think I ever found a reason to use high stance.

Maybe in the full game?

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on September 05, 2016, 01:26:56 AM
hm

i've liked it so far, but i can't help but giggle at how shameless of a souls clone it is

i thought that would help me but if anything it's made it even more difficult because i keep reverting to my dark souls muscle memory and spamming r1 when panicking, i've died as a result of that deeply ingrained dark souls habit so many times myface;

am i ever going to remember to replenish my stamina with r1, let alone perfect the timing

The main thing I took away from it, is that stamina (ki) managament is SO MUCH more important than it ever was in Souls.

How far did you get?

i've probably put 7 hours into it now and i've only just beaten the first boss lol

i also made it through the optional mission, at least

i don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that this is legitimately harder than dark souls, there's not a single first souls boss that comes close to being as challenging as onryoki

arguably the tutorial boss in demon's comes close, but that's really more because you're terminally inexperienced at that point

welp...... on to mission 2 smth;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on September 05, 2016, 09:48:42 AM
i think nioh is p. hard lol

but yeah "r1 after every combo" is pretty crucial if you don't want to run out of breath (and then die)

somehow i STILL haven't made this a habit >.<

this is an especially difficult mechanic to master because often you're in a situation where you have a split second to decide between either dodging or recovering ki

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on September 05, 2016, 07:15:52 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on September 05, 2016, 01:26:56 AM
hm

How far did you get?

i've probably put 7 hours into it now and i've only just beaten the first boss lol

i don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that this is legitimately harder than dark souls, there's not a single first souls boss that comes close to being as challenging as onryoki

arguably the tutorial boss in demon's comes close, but that's really more because you're terminally inexperienced at that point

yeah honestly, I found the second boss to be easier than the first

Just, much more managable

TooB

I also wonder if they'll adjust the difficulty yet again for the final game

TooB

If I was able to get Metro Redux for ps4 for $6, should i?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on September 05, 2016, 07:54:20 PM
If I was able to get Metro Redux for ps4 for $6, should i?

is that the version that includes both 2033 and last light

if so, i'd be very tempted, the general consensus is that they're fine examples of the fps/horror genres

[spoiler]

disclaimer: i've never actually played either metro game despite having owned them for years on steam[/spoiler]

strongbad

gungeon isn't as fun as i thought it would be :(

dont get me wrong the game is amazing, i just think i have explored the genre too much with isaac + nuclear throne to the point where gungeon doesnt really do anything that interests me. the teleporters are great though. guess i'll go back to trying to get my 15 rune win in DCSS lol

TooB

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: antmaster5000 on September 05, 2016, 09:29:16 PM
gungeon isn't as fun as i thought it would be :(

dont get me wrong the game is amazing, i just think i have explored the genre too much with isaac + nuclear throne to the point where gungeon doesnt really do anything that interests me. the teleporters are great though. guess i'll go back to trying to get my 15 rune win in DCSS lol
u can get a refund in steam now as long as you've played less than 2 hours or something

Kalahari Inkantation

finally made it to boss no. 2 :)

...smithicide;

this game is the dark souls of dark souls knockoffs

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on September 05, 2016, 11:12:34 PM

finally made it to boss no. 2 :)

...smithicide;

this game is the dark souls of dark souls knockoffs
how cool is that second boss though?

I like it a lot

Go Up