May 09, 2024, 04:21:33 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

looks like my favorite thread is back for round two

Nyerp

ME##

i love the RAGE engine, make beautiful game

don't let's

I actually did almost buy rage once

Samus Aran

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on February 07, 2013, 07:37:29 PM
But this is Boyah, everybody's mad all the time.

hurt feelings and butt ranged

so made all the time, 2 easy 23 own us

Geno

February 07, 2013, 10:17:47 PM #9725 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 10:39:17 PM by Geno
It just sounds to me like snowy has been spending too much time on /v/,
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on February 07, 2013, 07:34:49 PM
I think it's funny that you know when I'm mad

Because I'm not

[spoiler]dp[/spoiler]
even if you were emotionally calm at the time, you still posted some pretty entitled horse shit there  dittodood;

Nyerp

gamer entitlement is killing the industry

strongbad

Quote from: Fuck on February 08, 2013, 09:14:35 AM
gamer entitlement is killing the industry

yeah basically
at least among pretentious gamers boyagers

has anybody tried mount and blade warband?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Does anybody play Binding of Isaac here?

ME##

Nyerp

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on February 08, 2013, 10:18:18 AM

i played it for 30 minutes once and turned it off

don't let's

Quote from: Fuck on February 08, 2013, 11:07:45 AM
Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on February 08, 2013, 10:18:18 AM

i played it for 30 minutes once and turned it off
I did about the same.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on February 07, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
(I was replying to someone who mentioned ME3, which is why that seemed out of place)

No, I'm pretty sure I was playing DmC. It even said "DmC: Devil May Cry" right on the title screen!

That's a not a style there, buddy. I'm getting the feeling you never played DMC if you don't know the difference between styles and weapons.

Angel Lift/Devil Pull is nothing like Nero's Devil Bringer, with the exception of pulling enemies closer. That's about it.

I'd rather have quality over Tameem.

He's trying to be Dante but looks like Donte. He's conflicted. He's coming off as mean spirited BECAUSE of how he looks. He may ACT like the old Dante, but doesn't fit the part.

Then you haven't been fighting against multiple enemies I suppose. The game has you attack whichever is closest, so if you're trying to focus on a single enemy it's hard to. Lock-on would have improved the game so much, and would have made the controls better than the clusterfuck that they are. I shouldn't have to double tap up on the control stick to use Stinger. I should have to hold up and then go in for my combo like that.

Speaking of combos, it should take me more than 10 seconds to get to an SSS combo.

Oh trust me, I hate it for more reasons than "It's not DMC". That's actually pretty low on the list. n_u

Well, im talking aboiut it again, so sorry for lying, but you see, i know there's no style options, and i know the difference, but you realize that in the old games, style really only gave you a couple extra moves with one item. swordmaster let you use prop shredder and stuff, gunslinger let you shoot multiple enemies at once
but in the new game, those moves may have changed to different weapons, but they're still there. prop shredder is used with the angel scythe for example. to shoot multiple enemies, you just push a+x together.
btw, what is tameem?
and fine, dantes whips cant slam enemies like the devil bringer, but it does basically the same thing. the most useful thing. and they make combat a hell of alot more fun.
and the problem that i see is that you have this wierd love for old dante, that prevents you from accepting change. yes, he's different, yes, he's more broody, thats how they intended for him to be, because they tried to westernize him (so blame us for that) and yes, controls are a tad different, but it's better than having to lock-on to do ANYTHING different than swing your sword or shoot. I love the streamlined controls.
and just because it takes 10 seconds to get SSS, (which i think your exagerating a bit, but i get it.)
it doesnt mean anything. yes, the game is easier than 3/4, but just play on son of sparda, or Dante must die mode, and there you go. those modes are as hard as ever, and of they dont seem that way, its because its easier to combo, and easier to pull of the attacks you want.

lastly, just accept that its not DMC1, 3, or 4, because, know it or not, thats what your doing. and the game is getting needless hate because of it.

look i love the old games as much as anyone, but i was ready for changes to be made, and as far as im concerned, many of these changes were great. (yes some things could have been better). I hope they do make a sequel to this DMC in the near future. I will gladly buy it.

TooB

and sorry guys. i know im part of this thread's name change.

Go Up