September 24, 2024, 04:19:17 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Why does everyone seem to think Video games are just for kids?

Started by Geno, October 23, 2007, 02:49:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Geno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBCMZwmKd0k

They're freaking out about Manhunt 2 because it was given an AO rating. (Which from Fox's point of view is equal to an X-rated film) It got an M rating with the edited version, but since the UK banned it, I guess it's bad for us.

This pisses me off.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ME##

From old peoples' view points back in the day all games were for children and that's it, and they've failed to realise that the Atari/Nintendo generation has grown up and they desire more mature games. Honestly I find they whole deal of stores not carrying AO games to be retarded. But, I think it has to do with what 'Adult only' implies to uneducated people... If we used an age based rating system like the PEGI or USK, I think we wouldn't of had a problem with Manhunt 2 getting an eighteen plus rating.

But maybe I'm just rambling?

YPrrrr

Houdini

YPrrrr

wawi

I hate Fox News. I also hate people who say video games cause killers when movies are more violent. Also, so we give kids toy guns and everything but thats fine, but not with video games. It makes me sick. This has to stop.

Andrew1911

this is sum serius discusion

i think ill take some bites out of this delicius discusion

NOM NOM NOM

Geno

Quote from: W4W1 on January 15, 2008, 07:21:28 PM
I hate Fox News. I also hate people who say video games cause killers when movies are more violent. Also, so we give kids toy guns and everything but thats fine, but not with video games. It makes me sick. This has to stop.
Thanks for the bump  baddood;
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

One Man Freak Show

This ISN'T any different from a movie like Saw, actually, Fox News. They made so many stupid mistakes in that that I can't believe people take them seriously.

Kids can't get to the game. Her smile was awfully creepy when she was simulating stabbing. Wii is Nintendo. Ugh...

I just can't take the stupidity anymore.

LINK2K9

Has anyone seen some of the news about Mass Effect? Funny as hell.

lol lara lol

strongbad

Geno

5261Eureka

I assume (predict) that this will change by 2010 or so, because games are becoming more and more accepted. And if a game is rated AO, and equiavalent to X rating (pron right?) then it's like for adults only, so it's not really a big deal.

Let's just hope these people die soon huh
Destroy.Rebuild.Rethink.Repeat.

The artist formally known

Manhunt 2 sucks, no reason to defend a shitty game. Mass Effect is fine and why wasn't there controversy about the God of War boob scenes?

UnagiPower

Quote from: reefer on January 16, 2008, 10:51:04 PM
Manhunt 2 sucks, no reason to defend a shitty game. Mass Effect is fine and why wasn't there controversy about the God of War boob scenes?

srsly

They're worse than the Mass Effect scenes.

Go Up