October 12, 2024, 08:25:45 PM

1,531,327 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Crowd Swipes Dying Man's Groceries

Started by One Man Freak Show, October 09, 2007, 01:28:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

One Man Freak Show

'MESA, Ariz., Oct. 3 (UPI) -- The sight of an old man being hit by a truck in Arizona touched off a feeding frenzy among witnesses who allegedly stole the dying victim's groceries.

Not only were the man's groceries taken, but the only person who tried to help him also had his own bags taken.

Mesa police told KPHO-TV in nearby Phoenix that the scavengers could face theft charges if they are eventually tracked down.

The elderly victim was waiting for a bus Tuesday night when a pickup truck swerved off the road and plowed into the stop. The man was sent flying as were his bags of groceries.

As the truck sped off with a white plastic bag flapping on its grill, witnesses began grabbing whatever scattered food they could get their hands on. Boro Mitrovich, who was himself nearly struck, said he ran to help the man and had his bag disappear as well.

"One minute it was on the ground, the next minute it was gone," Mitrovich told KPHO.'

psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

A CHEAP BASTARD LIKE ME WOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT MOMENT TOO. caterpie;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

V

Wow, that's pretty pathetic. They deserve to be shot. Cheap bitches.  psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

V

Quote from: Lawlz on October 09, 2007, 08:46:47 AM
um why

It's not like a dead man needs food.

Instead of running to help him, they snatch the bags. That's kind of heartless if you ask me.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on October 09, 2007, 08:49:17 AM
Instead of running to help him, they snatch the bags. That's kind of heartless if you ask me.
um most people dont help anyways but instead just watch

you dont need an entire crowd just to perform cpr psyduck;

Selkie

lol, driveby grocery bandits  stealth;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on October 09, 2007, 08:50:41 AM
um most people dont help anyways but instead just watch

Because they think someone else is going to. Bystander effect. It's a little different than this case, where these people are just plain assholes.

V

Quote from: Kazarus on October 09, 2007, 11:48:01 AM
Because they think someone else is going to. Bystander effect. It's a little different than this case, where these people are just plain assholes.

Yeah, Bystander effect is usually more present in situations where someone has a gun or something along the lines where they can be hurt. In this case, they just had to help a man.

Samus Aran

Quote from: V on October 09, 2007, 11:49:16 AM
Yeah, Bystander effect is usually more present in situations where someone has a gun or something along the lines where they can be hurt.

Yes, or in the case of CPR, if they can accidentally hurt someone else. Nobody wants to accidentally kill a person by attempting CPR, and they're in a crowd of people so they figure that someone else could help.

Wasn't there a story of a lady that was stabbed in NYC a decade or so back and screamed for help, but nobody that was watching from their apartment rooms would help or even dial 911? Everyone depended on another person to call for help.

V

Quote from: Kazarus on October 09, 2007, 11:52:05 AM

Wasn't there a story of a lady that was stabbed in NYC a decade or so back and screamed for help, but nobody that was watching from their apartment rooms would help or even dial 911? Everyone depended on another person to call for help.

Yes. She was being raped, then stabbed to death. I think a total of 38 people actually witnessed it, and no one called the cops.

CruelPleasure

God... I hope there fucking families get murdered and raped.

Kalahari Inkantation

Tomboh

I would've taken the bags too.

I mean seriously, if a pick-up truck just hit an old man and sent him flying, then I don't think there's much you can do to help him.

CPR is for Respiratory and Cardiac problems. He was probably suffering from internal bleeding and broken bones. None of which I could've helped with.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Punta Tombo on October 09, 2007, 01:11:55 PM
I would've taken the bags too.

It's theft, whether he was dying or not.

I mean seriously, if a pick-up truck just hit an old man and sent him flying, then I don't think there's much you can do to help him.

Doesn't mean you couldn't try. Do you give up on everything in life or something? You could at least call a fucking ambulance.

CPR is for Respiratory and Cardiac problems. He was probably suffering from internal bleeding and broken bones. None of which I could've helped with.

Well duh. I'm still trying to figure out why Lawlz even mentioned CPR in the first place.

Go Up