October 05, 2024, 03:42:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So here's what I did today:

Started by ncba93ivyase, September 27, 2007, 01:27:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

Quote from: Kascadian on September 27, 2007, 08:17:20 PM

It looks like Picasso got really drunk and gave up in the middle of painting a horse-woman.

V

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on September 27, 2007, 06:18:41 PM
Yes. Because it's just an outline, it's awfully hard to tell. And he shouldn't have outlined the lips like that. If there's anything I've learned from art classes, it's that you should treat the lips as shadows.
I drew a thin line around the lips, shaded it in very lightly, and erased the line. My scanner didn't seem to read that too well.

Quote from: PHANTOM HOURGLASS on September 27, 2007, 06:16:23 PM
Wait, that's supposed to be Zayna? psyduck;
The eyes suck. :'(

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on September 27, 2007, 10:50:02 PM
I drew a thin line around the lips, shaded it in very lightly, and erased the line. My scanner didn't seem to read that too well.

I find it more effective to not outline the lips at all, but rather fill them in whilst shading that area of the face.

And your scanner sucks.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on September 27, 2007, 10:55:22 PM
I find it more effective to not outline the lips at all, but rather fill them in whilst shading that area of the face.

And your scanner sucks.
Also, I did shrink this a bit for Boyah. The full copy I scanned for Zayna is at 300 ppi, so maybe that shows some of the little shaded spots I put in much better. Don't know. Too tired to even bother.

AND I MUST OUTLINE EVERYTHING.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on September 27, 2007, 10:59:16 PM
AND I MUST OUTLINE EVERYTHING.

Why? You only need to make tiny little markings to know where everything is supposed to go. You're making it harder than it needs to be.

psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on September 27, 2007, 11:00:44 PM
Why? You only need to make tiny little markings to know where everything is supposed to go. You're making it harder than it needs to be.

psyduck;
Not all outlines have to be dark and heavy, like the ones you see that I went over five times.

psyduck;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on September 27, 2007, 11:02:49 PM
Not all outlines have to be dark and heavy, like the ones you see that I went over five times.

psyduck;

...I don't think you understand. y;

Nevermind, I'm not going to bother.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on September 27, 2007, 11:05:01 PM
...I don't think you understand. y;

Nevermind, I'm not going to bother.
its easy to draw a thin outline for lips finish all the other stuff see if the lips look good lightly fill them in then erase the line around it

cool

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on September 27, 2007, 11:07:09 PM
its easy to draw a thin outline for lips finish all the other stuff see if the lips look good lightly fill them in then erase the line around it

cool

If you do it my way, you don't even have to erase. I almost never even use an eraser.

36chambers

chocolate rain worse than swearing worse than calling names

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on September 27, 2007, 11:08:14 PM
If you do it my way, you don't even have to erase. I almost never even use an eraser.
If you get high, you could create masterpieces like Dali.

but yes i find my way easier since my mind doesn't operate the same way as yours and one technique doesnt work for everyone

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on September 27, 2007, 11:11:26 PM
If you get high, you could create masterpieces like Dali.

"I don't do drugs. I am drugs."

I don't know if he meant he literally never took drugs during that time, or if he meant something else by it. Either way, one doesn't need to get stoned to do surrealism.

If you like Dali's work, check out Kay Sage. I love her work. It's not quite the same kind of realism, and it's much more gloomy, but it's amazing still.

Quote from: Lawlz on September 27, 2007, 11:11:26 PM
but yes i find my way easier since my mind doesn't operate the same way as yours and one technique doesnt work for everyone

Since when did you value the fact that not everyone has the same tastes, techniques, etc? psyduck;

Also, I used to draw the same way you do. I had to learn the way I do things now.

Hyper

Hahahahah, okay. I don't even think she's that good looking.

ncba93ivyase

Go Up