September 26, 2024, 03:43:38 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Led Zeppelin getting back together?

Started by Placebo Headwound, September 10, 2007, 02:29:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Placebo Headwound

Source
Second story.

"OK, moving on to happier stories, such as...dancing days are here again, because the three surviving members of Led Zeppelin are finally getting back together! Yep, hard rock fans still dazed and confused by recent news of the long-delayed Van Halen reunion have even more reason to celebrate, now that this even longer-delayed reunion is reportedly in the works. Incredibly, according to NME.com, frontman Robert Plant is in talks this week with fellow Led Zep legends Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones about a one-off Zeppelin gig that'll hopefully take place in London this November. Presumably late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason Bonham (last seen banging skins for celebreality band Damnocracy on VH1's Supergroup), will fill in behind the drumkit for the Zep trek; since Damnocracy mouthpiece Sebastian Bach is busy trying to launch a hip-hop career on MTV's Celebrity Rap Superstars (more on that HERE), we're guessing Damnocracy are on indefinite hiatus and Jason will therefore thankfully be free..."

Selkie

Cool I guess

Not too exciting for me, there are many bands I'd like to see much more, but I am sure this is huge news for lots of people.

Congrats to them

UnagiPower

Snorkel

Too bad few drummers are as good as Bonham, but this is still good news I guess.

Title27GT

OH GOD THEY ARE SO OVERRATED IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY

ALMOST AS OVERRATED AS AC/DC :'(

UnagiPower

Quote from: This Apparatus Must Be Snorkel on September 10, 2007, 04:43:32 PM
Too bad few drummers are as good as Bonham, but this is still good news I guess.

You're right...I was just listening to one of their songs, Moby Dick, and I doubt many drummers can pull off as good a drum solo as him.  gonk;

Though Kieth Moon still remains my favorite drummer.

Samus Aran

September 10, 2007, 05:20:52 PM #6 Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:24:20 PM by Kazmanian Devil
Quote from: Title on September 10, 2007, 04:56:50 PM
OH GOD THEY ARE SO OVERRATED IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY

ALMOST AS OVERRATED AS AC/DC :'(

AC/DC is so much more overrated than Led Zeppelin it's not even funny. At least Led Zeppelin has more than 5 songs that sound different from one another.

Now if you want to say that "Stairway to Heaven," "Kashmir," and "Black Dog" are overrated, I'll agree with you 100%. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say "Kashmir" is one of my least favorite Zep songs. How it got so famous I'll never know.

Anyway, um...yay? They've done this sort of thing before, for that Live Aid or whatever. Jason's a good drummer, but he's not his dad. And besides, Zeppelin is not a band best seen live. They're pretty damn sloppy on stage.

UnagiPower

Quote from: Kazmanian Devil on September 10, 2007, 05:20:52 PM
AC/DC is so much more overrated than Led Zeppelin it's not even funny. At least Led Zeppelin has more than 5 sonds that sound different from one another.

Now if you want to say that "Stairway to Heaven," "Kashmir," and "Black Dog" are overrated, I'll agree with you 100%. In fact, I'd even go as far as to say "Kashmir" is one of my least favorite Zep songs. How it got so famous I'll never know.

Anyway, um...yay? They've done this sort of thing before, for that Live Aid or whatever. Jason's a good drummer, but he's not his dad. And besides, Zeppelin is not a band best seen live. They're pretty damn sloppy on stage.

ya AC/DC sux.

well  a few songs are ok. thats about it.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazmanian Devil on September 10, 2007, 05:20:52 PM
AC/DC is so much more overrated than Led Zeppelin it's not even funny.
I agree so badly, though Led is overrated and sad to say it but Pink Floyd is too (Dark Side is overrated, The Wall is somewhat overrated, but only a few of the songs, The Trial is way way way underrated.)

Samus Aran

Quote from: Reefer on September 11, 2007, 12:11:51 AM
I agree so badly, though Led is overrated and sad to say it but Pink Floyd is too (Dark Side is overrated, The Wall is somewhat overrated, but only a few of the songs, The Trial is way way way underrated.)

Yes, Dark Side and The Wall are both overrated. "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2" is especially overrated. It's not particularly amazing, if you ask me. I still stand by my opinion that "Waiting for the Worms" is the best song on the album.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Kazmanian Devil on September 11, 2007, 11:46:08 AM
Yes, Dark Side and The Wall are both overrated. "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2" is especially overrated. It's not particularly amazing, if you ask me. I still stand by my opinion that "Waiting for the Worms" is the best song on the album.
Comfortably Numb is my favorite. flower;

Houdini

Every classic rock band ever is overrated.

Samus Aran

Houdini

Quote from: Kazmanian Devil on September 11, 2007, 05:27:44 PM
Blue Oyster Cult?
Their singles are overrated, but their album tracks are criminally overlooked.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Guava on September 11, 2007, 05:28:43 PM
Their singles are overrated, but their album tracks are criminally overlooked.

Fair enough. I will definitely admit that "Godzilla" is massively overrated, as well as "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Burnin' For You."

Go Up