PotD: Should ISPs be able to use tiered services to regulate access to the web?

Started by Daddy, September 08, 2007, 10:27:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

If you don't understand the question please read the post before voting.

Yes
1 (4%)
No
23 (92%)
I don't care.
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Go Down

Daddy

There are several ways the tiered services could be set up(Also, I'm not talking about T1, T2, and T3 connections),  one way is that the lowest tier would have access to certain parts of the internet for a certain cost.  But say that you wanted to access Youtube, for example, you'd have to upgrade to the next tier to access more sites. This tier would also block some traffic, and you'd have to upgrade to an even higher tier to acess more.    Think of cable packages.   You have basic cable, premium, you have the super HBO packs, and stuff like that. Bascially it would work like that.

Another way is that ISPs would limit the speed for the lower tiers, and give higher speeds to the higher tiers, which are more expensive. A variation would be a combination of the two methods and having significantly slower access to some parts of the webw, and having to pay more to be able to access them at normal speeds.

Vote on if you think ISPs should be able to do it.

Placebo Headwound

Fuck no, they shouldn't be able to tell me what sites I'm allowed to visit. argh;

ME##

No, that is just fucking retarded. Mostly because I know my mother would get the lowest one.

Lozal

powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

mariofreak

Andrew1911

Blaze-Senpai

Daddy

Blaze-Senpai

FAMY2

ncba93ivyase

I'd say no, but if they offer if up alongside the normal plans without increasing the prices for the standard plan, I wouldn't care because it wouldn't affect me.

... Though I'd be bound to hear hundreds of whiny bitches at school saying "MY PARENTS GOT DIS NEW NETS N I CANT C MISPAEC :'("

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snorkel

Well, they technically should be able to because they're private companies and should be able to do what they want, however obviously I don't want them to.  navi;

Go Up