October 25, 2024, 09:29:37 PM

1,531,341 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PotD: Skipping school

Started by Daddy, August 22, 2007, 09:15:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do/did you?

Always
0 (0%)
A lot
1 (2.9%)
Occassionally
12 (35.3%)
Rarely
5 (14.7%)
Never
16 (47.1%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Never done it. It's not worth it. My mom's not the kind of person who would let that slip, and I know for a fact she'd hear about it. My school always made sure to call parents.

'course, now I'll be in college, but it still won't be worth skipping class. I'd end up getting taken out of classes or failing them.

Geno

I did it in the pussy way. Said I was sick and walked home since I live right next to my High School.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

ncba93ivyase

If I wanted to, I could leave at any time during the day. I live about a quarter mile from the school and the principal has given us permission to walk outside to avoid crowding in the halls (1800 people in a school designed for ~1100.) No teachers stand outside, so I could easily slip over to the movie theater. Would I? No, because I know my french teacher would make a call to the office, and I'd be suspended. Maybe during my senior year, I'll try it once.

But I've skipped entire days. I just tell my mom I don't feel like going to school, and she's like "cool."

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Hyper

Quote from: Lawlz on August 23, 2007, 03:09:55 AM
But I've skipped entire days. I just tell my mom I don't feel like going to school, and she's like "cool."
That is kind of like what my mum's like, but she's fun, not retarded. And if I do 'skip' it's always at the end of the day. I almost consider going home early a hobby. 

In five weeks we'll be in year 12, so pretty much everyone does it. caterpie;

Oh and I've never been caught. rock

YPrrrr

Does faking sick when I feel perfectly fine count? psyduck;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kaz on August 23, 2007, 12:13:40 AM
Never done it. It's not worth it. My mom's not the kind of person who would let that slip, and I know for a fact she'd hear about it. My school always made sure to call parents.

'course, now I'll be in college, but it still won't be worth skipping class. I'd end up getting taken out of classes or failing them.
You know that you don't get in trouble for skipping, right? You've already paid them a shitload of cash, so whether you show up or not isn't really a big deal.

My dad did that in a class in college. He just came to class on test days (since he already knew most of the material and just read the textbook), and he finished 2nd in the class.

Daddy

Would people stop editing the polls just to add options?

It says "do/did" there is no need to add "I'm not in school" if there is a past tense verb in there.

V

In high school I did it on days that I knew we weren't going to be doing anything, so most of my cutting was at the end of the school year. Towards the end of the year all my classes would just watch movies and shit, so I would leave and go to work. It's not like I was leaving school to go play games; I left to make monniez.  powerofone;

Wrench

I do only on days when we do basically nothing.

V

Quote from: Kaz on August 23, 2007, 12:13:40 AM

You're allowed to walk out of class without even telling the teacher. It's going to be hard not skipping classes.  gonk;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Your Posting Rival on August 23, 2007, 06:22:25 AM
You know that you don't get in trouble for skipping, right? You've already paid them a shitload of cash, so whether you show up or not isn't really a big deal.

My dad did that in a class in college. He just came to class on test days (since he already knew most of the material and just read the textbook), and he finished 2nd in the class.

Every professor is different. Believe it or not, there really are asshole professors who will take you out of their class if you keep not showing up.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kaz on August 23, 2007, 09:56:04 AM
Every professor is different. Believe it or not, there really are asshole professors who will take you out of their class if you keep not showing up.
Yeah but those classes most of the time are only 45 minutes to an hour and a half long. It's amazing how much time college takes compared to high school. They cut out all of the bullshit. I'd rather stay in the class and go to the class everyday. Also never ever miss the first day of school or you're out of luck.

Lozal

Nope. My mom's the kind of person who won't let me miss school for anything, even if I'm truly sick. In fact, the only reason why I missed 2 days of school in 1st grade was because I was living with my grandma at the time. I haven't missed a day of school at all since I've lived with my mom. Well, one time in 6th grade, I had really bad pink eye. My mom wouldn't let me stay home from school because of it. The people in my class told my teacher and she was like, "OMFG GO TO TEH NURSE'S OFFICE RIGHT NOW!!!11!1!". So when my mom came to pick me up, she looked at me with a really pissed off look and wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day. She's the kind of person that really wants me to get every single award possible, perfect attendance being included.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Reverse Psychology

I have sometimes, and I've never been caught.

Go Up