September 29, 2024, 12:20:41 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you guys do drugs or anything?

Started by Link332, August 16, 2007, 10:11:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Houdini

Snorkel

Quote from: Link332 on August 16, 2007, 10:26:27 PM
Well I didnt even get high this month :|

I think I gotta wait until school starts. I know some chicks who could hit me up.

I would probably get high more if I could get decent weed; it pretty much sucks in Minneapolis. poppy;

Tomboh

Quote from: Houdini on August 16, 2007, 10:27:23 PM
I huff that keyboard cleaner stuff.
Inhalents make you retarded. china;

Kingoftherings

Quote from: Snorkel on August 16, 2007, 10:19:52 PM
Crystal meth and crack and coke and cigarettes and alcohol and amphetamines and Rx drugs and heroin and other opium-based drugs are bad.

Marijuana and LSD really have no significant negative short- or long-term effects, and they're great.  flower;
Wikipedia FTW!

Marijuana:
Cannabis use has been previously been associated with several illnesses. Due to its status as an illegal drug in many countries, it has been hard to conduct research into these claims. Smoking cannabis, especially together with tobacco, has been linked to lung cancer, but while some studies have demonstrated a link, others have not.

Cannabis use has been linked to psychosis by several peer-reviewed studies. A 1987 Swedish study showing a link between cannabis use and schizophrenia was criticised as it did not differentiate between cannabis use and other drugs, and the results could not be reproduced. More recently the Dunedin Multidisciplinary Health and Development Study produced research which showed a link between cannabis usage and psychosis for individuals with a certain genetic predisposition, held by 25% of the population. In 2007 a study published in the Lancet and a poll of mental health experts showed that a growing number of medical health practitioners are convinced Cannabis use increases susceptibility to mental illness, accounting for 14% of UK psychosis cases, however the risk to an individual smoking cannabis is only increased by 2%.

LSD:
Although LSD is generally considered nontoxic, it may temporarily impair the ability to make sensible judgments and understand common dangers, thus making the user susceptible to accidents and personal injury.

There is also some indication that LSD may trigger a dissociative fugue state in individuals who are taking certain classes of antidepressants such as lithium salts and tricyclics. In such a state, the user has an impulse to wander, and may not be aware of his or her actions, which can lead to physical injury. SSRIs are believed to interact more benignly, with a tendency to noticeably reduce LSD's subjective effects. Similar and perhaps greater reductions have also been reported with MAOIs.

As Albert Hofmann reports in LSD ? My Problem Child, the early pharmacological testing Sandoz performed on the compound (before he ever discovered its psychoactive properties) indicated that LSD has a pronounced effect upon the mammalian uterus. Sandoz's testing showed that LSD can stimulate uterine contractions with efficacy comparable to ergobasine, the active uterotonic component of the ergot fungus (Hofmann's work on ergot derivatives also produced a modified form of ergobasine which became a widely accepted medication used in obstetrics, under the trade name Methergine). Therefore, LSD use by pregnant women could be dangerous and is contraindicated.

Initial studies in the 1960s and 70s raised concerns that LSD might produce genetic damage or developmental abnormalities in fetuses. However, these initial reports were based on in vitro studies or were poorly controlled and have not been substantiated. In studies of chromosomal changes in human users and in monkeys, the balance of evidence suggests no significant increase in chromosomal damage. For example, studies were conducted with people who had been given LSD in a clinical setting. White blood cells from these people were examined for visible chromosomal abnormalities. Overall, there appeared to be no lasting changes. Several studies have been conducted using illicit LSD users and provide a less clear picture. Interpretation of these data is generally complicated by factors such as the unknown chemical composition of street LSD, concurrent use of other psychoactive drugs, and diseases such as hepatitis in the sampled populations. It seems possible that the small number of congenital abnormalities reported in users of street LSD is either coincidental or related to factors other than a toxic effect of pure LSD.

Houdini

Link332

Quote from: Snorkel on August 16, 2007, 10:28:47 PM
I would probably get high more if I could get decent weed; it pretty much sucks in Minneapolis. poppy;

I get mine here in New Jersey.

The GARDEN STATE  flower;

prettygirl

Quote from: steal on August 16, 2007, 10:29:26 PM
...is it just me or do I smoke more than any of you? gonk;

I get stoned about once a week, sometimes more.

damn santa cruzien  argh;

Houdini

Quote from: Snorkel on August 16, 2007, 10:28:47 PM
Come to Autin. We have plenty down here.

Himu

Hawaii is one of the top drug states. flower;

Tomboh

Lozal

Aww, it figures that this topic would be here now...my friend is terribly addicted to drugs and she/he refuses to admit it....I've been trying to help them, I'm in a convo with them now. I'm really sad about it because I know what it does to you...

I myself do not do drugs. I'm trying to save my friend, though...
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Daddy

Link332

Quote from: steal on August 16, 2007, 10:29:26 PM
...is it just me or do I smoke more than any of you? gonk;

I get stoned about once a week, sometimes more.

I smoke whenever I get the chance.  pseudo;

V

prettygirl

Go Up