May 29, 2024, 01:44:05 AM

1,531,629 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Question about Wii

Started by Commander Fuckass, August 03, 2007, 11:20:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

Do I have to buy that little USB thing for onlie?  navi;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Feynman

August 03, 2007, 11:22:54 AM #1 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 11:30:20 AM by Bassir C.
No, you may use a wireless router. You can also buy a USB ethernet cable you can attach to your wired router.

From my experiences, stay away from the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter. It doesn't work on Linux, it sucks, it sucks, and you have to keep your computer on to use it. I returned it for a full refund and bought a nice D-Link wireless router and haven't had a problem ever since.

Hell, the guy at Nintendo even said that the Wi-Fi adapter is shit.

V

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 03, 2007, 11:22:54 AM
No, you may use a wireless router. You can also buy a USB ethernet cable you can attach to your wired router.

That's what i'll probably do. I have problems trying to connect my ds to my wireless router.  gonk;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 03, 2007, 11:22:54 AM
I already got both for my 360  wub;

Also, Bassir I'll be getting my Wii on the last monday of this month.  flower;

Feynman

Quote from: V on August 03, 2007, 11:23:51 AM
That's what i'll probably do. I have problems trying to connect my ds to my wireless router.  gonk;

The wireless router? I think a wireless router is what every computer-owner should have.

V

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 03, 2007, 11:25:40 AM
The wireless router? I think a wireless router is what every computer-owner should have.

I have one, it's just I can't get it connect to my Ds lite to play online.

Commander Fuckass

Anyone know if Paper Mario is on the VC?  psyduck;

V

Feynman

Quote from: The Dark Knight on August 03, 2007, 11:25:00 AM
Also, Bassir I'll be getting my Wii on the last monday of this month.  flower;

umm okay cool

Quote from: V on August 03, 2007, 11:26:44 AM
I have one, it's just I can't get ti connect to my Ds lite to play online.

Why not? What kind of router is it? Is it compatible?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on August 03, 2007, 11:27:54 AM
Anyone know if Paper Mario is on the VC?  psyduck;

The N64 one is, not sure about the SNES one though.

V

Mines is a Linksys router. Hold on, let me try and connect and I'll tell you the message I get.

Feynman

Quote from: V on August 03, 2007, 11:30:37 AM
Mines is a Linksys router. Hold on, let me try and connect and I'll tell you the message I get.

Get a D-Link. I can confirm they work with the Wii, which means they should also work with the DS.

V

August 03, 2007, 11:34:04 AM #11 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 11:37:20 AM by V
This is my sister's computer, so I can't just buy a new router, and install it. She would question me and all this unecessary bullshit.

It now says I need my WEP key for my router. wut

Well, I am leaving for work. I might end up buying a usb cable for my ds. Should I? Or should I just try to fix this router problem?

Feynman

Quote from: V on August 03, 2007, 11:34:04 AM
This is my sister's computer, so I can't just buy a new router, and install it. She would question me and all this unecessary bullshit.

Installation is extremely easy on a Windows PC (even works on Linux out of the box) and what's wrong with having some wireless internet in the house? The router works with almost anything (PC's, laptops, phones, consoles, etc...) so she should benefit from the purchase of a router too.

Quote from: V on August 03, 2007, 11:34:04 AM
Well, I am leaving for work. I might end up buying a usb cable for my ds. Should I? Or should I just try to fix this router problem?

In my opinion, the router is the best way to go. Why hook up a handheld?

V

Quote from: Bassir C. on August 03, 2007, 11:39:26 AM
Installation is extremely easy on a Windows PC (even works on Linux out of the box) and what's wrong with having some wireless internet in the house? The router works with almost anything (PC's, laptops, phones, consoles, etc...) so she should benefit from the purchase of a router too.

Linksys is not wireless internet?  psyduck;

Feynman

Quote from: V on August 03, 2007, 11:40:14 AM
Linksys is not wireless internet?  psyduck;

It is, but it probably sucks.

i luff my dlink

Go Up