June 23, 2024, 12:26:56 PM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Classic games or newer ones?

Started by Snorkel, July 19, 2007, 02:17:43 PM

previous topic - next topic

Vintage games, or modern?

Classic
7 (77.8%)
New
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on July 20, 2007, 10:09:15 PM
Nostalgia or not, I love my SNES. I'll admit I have nostalgia.

Same here. Regardless, the SNES still has the best balance of great games of all sorts of different types.

Ace Of Blades

Quote from: Kaz on July 20, 2007, 11:12:23 PM
Same here. Regardless, the SNES still has the best balance of great games of all sorts of different types.

What about the PS2?

I'd say the SNES and the PS2 are equal when it comes to a balance of great games of different genres.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 21, 2007, 09:59:28 AM
What about the PS2?

I'd say the SNES and the PS2 are equal when it comes to a balance of great games of different genres.

Are you kidding me? The PS2 wasn't even as good as the Gamecube. All it had that the Gamecube didn't was a shitload of RPGs, and a lot of those sucked anyway.

Ace Of Blades

Quote from: Valldemort kills Snape on July 21, 2007, 10:45:20 AM
Are you kidding me? The PS2 wasn't even as good as the Gamecube. All it had that the Gamecube didn't was a shitload of RPGs, and a lot of those sucked anyway.

You think it wasn't even as good as the GameCube...?

I'm not sure if I can take anything you've said so far seriously.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 21, 2007, 09:53:47 PM
You think it wasn't even as good as the GameCube...?

I'm not sure if I can take anything you've said so far seriously.
PS2 sucked major ass. PS1 was even worse.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

36chambers

Ace Of Blades

Quote from: Lawlz on July 21, 2007, 09:54:58 PM
PS2 sucked major ass. PS1 was even worse.

Good God, I can understand some of the things fanboys say, but come on.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 21, 2007, 10:35:19 PM

He's actually telling the truth. The only thing I enjoyed about the Playstations was the good selection of RPGs. Sly is shit, Daxter is shit. Most PS games are shit. Don't get me wrong though, because Mario is shit too. The Gamecube? For the most part, shit. It has a fair amount of decent games, though. The N64 wasn't as good as the Gamecube, but still better than both Playstations. The SNES was better than the NES and Genesis, but damn was that Genesis close to being number 1.

AS YOU CAN SEE, MY TASTES DON'T JUST GO BY TIME. Some people automatically think anything old is better than anything new. That's not the case with me. I'll take Wind Waker over OOT any day. What kind of fanboy says that?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 21, 2007, 10:35:19 PM
So not liking a certain system automatically equates to fanboyism? psyduck;

Those that declare others fanboys generally have ass for their gaming tastes. I hate sports games, FPSs and (most) Square RPG's. Why would I have any interest in Sony or Microsoft consoles? Going by your logic, I could call you a fanboy for saying such games are good, just because they conflict with my opinion.
Quote from: Kaz on July 21, 2007, 11:03:32 PM
He's actually telling the truth. The only thing I enjoyed about the Playstations was the good selection of RPGs. Sly is shit, Daxter is shit. Most PS games are shit. Don't get me wrong though, because Mario is shit too. The Gamecube? For the most part, shit. It has a fair amount of decent games, though. The N64 wasn't as good as the Gamecube, but still better than both Playstations. The SNES was better than the NES and Genesis, but damn was that Genesis close to being number 1.

AS YOU CAN SEE, MY TASTES DON'T JUST GO BY TIME. Some people automatically think anything old is better than anything new. That's not the case with me. I'll take Wind Waker over OOT any day. What kind of fanboy says that?
The only thing I enjoy on Sony/MS consoles is GTA. Aside from that, they offer me nothing. Bioshock is looking to be similar to Metroid Prime, so I have some interest in it. Not nearly enough to warrant a $400 purchase of a PoS with a 30% failure rate, though.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, aside from Mario being shit. The Party and sports games, along with 64, yeah, but I love everything else.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Ace Of Blades

Quote from: Lawlz on July 21, 2007, 11:07:26 PM
So not liking a certain system automatically equates to fanboyism? psyduck;

Those that declare others fanboys generally have ass for their gaming tastes. I hate sports games, FPSs and (most) Square RPG's. Why would I have any interest in Sony or Microsoft consoles? Going by your logic, I could call you a fanboy for saying such games are good, just because they conflict with my opinion.The only thing I enjoy on Sony/MS consoles is GTA. Aside from that, they offer me nothing. Bioshock is looking to be similar to Metroid Prime, so I have some interest in it. Not nearly enough to warrant a $400 purchase of a PoS with a 30% failure rate, though.

I agree with pretty much everything you say, aside from Mario being shit. The Party and sports games, along with 64, yeah, but I love everything else.

I'll give you ten reasons why you should want a Sony or MS console, following your guidelines.

1. PS1 Spyro games
2. PS1 Crash games
3. KOTOR
4. Psychonauts
5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. LittleBigPlanet
7. Kameo: Elements of Power
8. Banjo-Threeie
9. Ratchet and Clank series
10. Okami

And those are just from the top of my head. I never understood why anyone would just stick to one brand of consoles, because that person is just missing out big time.

And the reason I called you a fanboy is because you said the PS2 "sucked major ass" and "the PS1 was even worse." There are great games on the PS1 and the PS2 of pretty much any genre you can think of.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 21, 2007, 11:16:06 PM
I'll give you ten reasons why you should want a Sony or MS console, following your guidelines.

1. PS1 Spyro games
2. PS1 Crash games
3. KOTOR
4. Psychonauts
5. Shadow of the Colossus
6. LittleBigPlanet
7. Kameo: Elements of Power
8. Banjo-Threeie
9. Ratchet and Clank series
10. Okami

And those are just from the top of my head. I never understood why anyone would just stick to one brand of consoles, because that person is just missing out big time.

And the reason I called you a fanboy is because you said the PS2 "sucked major ass" and "the PS1 was even worse." There are great games on the PS1 and the PS2 of pretty much any genre you can think of.
I have a PS2. I have a PSP. Both are rotting in my garage.

1: Oh god, I'm crying.
2: I'm having thoughts of suicide right now.
3: If it's not Super Star Wars, then I'd rather it not exist at all.
4: I can't bear look at the screenshots without having goosebumps. The graphical style freaks me out. Hell, I can't even play PS1 games because my eyes become sore and because so many just look freaky.
5: Ugh.
6: $600 for a quick little downloadable game that lets you create your own levels? I know of free games that let me do that. Now, if someone were to hand me a PS3, I'd play it, but it'd go out in the garage with my other Sony systems whenever I get tired of it.
7: Rare is dead. All they ever did right was Banjo Kazooie and Tooie.
8:

smithicide;

9: OMG LOL
10: Doesn't look very appealing aside from the nice art style, and I don't play games based solely on the graphical style (though, as stated above, I will avoid some based on graphical style).

Also, as of now, the Wii is also complete crap. I'm just using it for some TG-16 games that I never had a chance to play before. All I'm looking forward to is MP3, and I'll probably be done with it.

Samus Aran

1.) Spyro is okay, but not that great.
2.) Crash sucks.
3.) No.
4.) Maybe.
5.) LOL
6.) Look at what Lawlz said.
7.) ROFL. Kameo turned out to suck, sry.
8.) Yes. But I already wanted that anyway, so congrats on not changing my opinion.
9.) EW.
10.) I know nothing of it.

And Lawlz, you're forgetting that Rare made the DKC games. DKC3 might be an embarrassment, but the first two weren't. Goldeneye was also kewl, but massively overrated. The original version of Conker's BFD is awesome.

Ace Of Blades

I just want to focus on Kameo: Elements of Power, ignoring all the other laughable comments you guys (especially Lolz, not so much Kaz) made for now.

It's very obvious that you've never played the game before, so let me clue you in.

Kameo is a great game, and shows that Rare still knows how to make platforming games. The use of the different transformation creatures is great, the environments are diverse, and the battles in the Badlands are nothing short of epic.

I still keep my opinion that Lolz is a fanboy. I present you a list of games that many people would and do find great, and you tell me that all of them (or 9/10 of them) suck, and three of them are because of the graphics?

You know what? I bet if those games were on the N64/GameCube/Wii, you would like them all. And please, don't bother denying it.

ncba93ivyase

July 22, 2007, 10:38:43 AM #28 Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:43:08 AM by Lawlz
Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 22, 2007, 08:13:12 AM
I bet if those games were on the N64/GameCube/Wii, you would like them all. And please, don't bother denying it.

tl;dr, Wii and N64 suck.

Don't bother denying the fact you're an ignorant jackass that calls everyone that doesn't agree with you a "fanboy." Wow, no modern system delivers to me the games I desire. I'm sorry for having no interest in the games you hail as amazing. I now demand you go out and buy a Genesis and Dreamcast and worship them. If you already have those systems, then you clearly aren't playing them enough, Microsoft fanboy.

P.S., nice attempt and being funny by calling me "Lolz."

Samus Aran

Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 22, 2007, 08:13:12 AM
I just want to focus on Kameo: Elements of Power, ignoring all the other laughable comments you guys (especially Lolz, not so much Kaz) made for now.

It's very obvious that you've never played the game before, so let me clue you in.

Kameo is a great game, and shows that Rare still knows how to make platforming games. The use of the different transformation creatures is great, the environments are diverse, and the battles in the Badlands are nothing short of epic.

I still keep my opinion that Lolz is a fanboy. I present you a list of games that many people would and do find great, and you tell me that all of them (or 9/10 of them) suck, and three of them are because of the graphics?

You know what? I bet if those games were on the N64/GameCube/Wii, you would like them all. And please, don't bother denying it.

I did exaggerate a little bit when I said "Kameo turned out to suck." What I meant was "Kameo turned out to be worse than most of the games Rare has made." And no, I wouldn't like it if it was on the Gamcube, Wii, or N64, because Starfox Adventures was on the Gamecube and it was lame. It was just eye candy. NINTENDO SYSTEMS A GOOD GAME DO NOT MAKE.

Go Up