April 23, 2024, 01:54:32 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What makes Zelda not an (action-)RPG?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 03, 2018, 07:45:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Is Zelda an RPG in any sense of the term? y/n

Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm almost certain my own hs precalc course introduced actual basic calc topics within its last two months or so, but just to be certain, i consulted the goog, and indeed, it does seem p. common for precalc courses to include basic derivatives at the very least

so yeah, i'd say that zelda is something like intro to rpgs n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

i just looked it up for my specific school district, and then compared it to the ny curriculum in general, and yeah i guess it might be regional lol

my district's definition of precalc:

QuoteThe Pre-Calculus course is a preparation for the study of AP Calculus given during senior year.
Topics include: graphing and finding roots of polynomials, number theory, functions and
relations, limits of functions, derivatives and differential calculus.

so, at least in ny, precalculus is a subtopic of calculus

TooB

Now there shall be a "is precalculus, calculus" thread

Kalahari Inkantation

well thankfully that question isn't nearly as subjective and wasn't too hard to clear up, so the answer is: depends on the state/institution lol

Thyme

well if you guys wanna start with other questions...

Quote from: YPargh on July 04, 2018, 12:39:36 PM
It's like sports to me i couldnt give you a definition of what is and what isn't but i know it when i see it  n_u

are e-sports sports? n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on July 05, 2018, 04:37:41 PM
well if you guys wanna start with other questions...

Quote from: YPargh on July 04, 2018, 12:39:36 PM
It's like sports to me i couldnt give you a definition of what is and what isn't but i know it when i see it  n_u

are e-sports sports? n_u

i'd love to respond to this with an emphatic "No. argh;", but if chess is a sport, i don't see how """e-"""sports"""""" couldn't also be sports, much to my annoyance

Hiro

i would say an rpg has systems to tweak your character in order to change effectiveness against enemies, who would typically have mathematically determined amounts of health. BotW has all this, most Zelda games don't.

Go Up