It is now well established that the Wii is the greatest 3D Nintendo console.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 12, 2017, 11:19:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Which is the greatest Nintendo home console of all time?

SNES
8 (88.9%)
Wii
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Go Down

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on August 20, 2017, 01:32:17 AM
because i found the worlds were a lot more memorable and had a lot more replayability, the overworld is substantially better, the controls felt better to me, i'm sure i could think of more reasons
galaxy just never clicked with me, the controls felt funny, after the first few stages nothing felt particularly fresh or new, and in general it just didn't seem to have much personality to me, a problem mario games have had since nsmb
galaxy 2 was definitely better, and that's because they got a lot more creative and varied with the levels, the production design was a lot more fun

i'm screaming inside but i can't effectively debate you on matters of pure opinion

however,

Quote from: ƕɾο on August 20, 2017, 01:32:17 AM
the controls felt funny

How are Galaxy's controls any worse than those of any other Mario game? The only thing that requires the pointer is starbit collection (and even then, you could alternatively just walk into them and not bother with the pointer at all). befuddlement

Quote from: Big Goop on August 20, 2017, 08:24:40 AM
Galaxy is just mario 64 fanfiction

b&

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

it's true in a sense though

but you could say that about any mario game since 64 lol[/spoiler]

TooB

Thyme

TooB

I don't know why, after banjo-kazooie, rare thought that their games had to be BIG. Both tooie, and dk64 would've been better if they were just a bit more focused.

Thyme

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 21, 2017, 07:05:12 PM
How are Galaxy's controls any worse than those of any other Mario game? The only thing that requires the pointer is starbit collection (and even then, you could alternatively just walk into them and not bother with the pointer at all). befuddlement

sling pods bruh

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on August 21, 2017, 07:23:17 PM
I don't know why, after banjo-kazooie, rare thought that their games had to be BIG. Both tooie, and dk64 would've been better if they were just a bit more focused.

they probably just got overexcited and overzealous about the novelty of being able to create large 3d environments lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on August 21, 2017, 07:24:10 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 21, 2017, 07:05:12 PM

sling pods bruh

true but these are fun

galaxy's use of motion controls is infrequent and unobtrusive and works well 99% of the time

they're pretty much only used in ways that enhance the game, or for actions that would otherwise be impossible

imo the only reason to dislike its controls if if you're just inherently opposed to motion controls to begin with lol

Hiro

I don't mean the control scheme, that's all fine and works as it should. the sling pod things were usually fun too, it was more that controlling mario himself just felt weirdly loose and slippery to me, and regardless of settings or tvs i've played it on, there always seems to be a very slight lag. jumping never quite felt right to me either, as its the only mario game where, even on a flat surface, it's not unusual for me to misjudge where to land on top of an enemy. It's been a while since I last played but I think I remember thinking his jumps were shorter than usual too. befuddlement
none of this was horrible, but they were all slightly bothersome things that took me out of the game a bit.

TooB

If anybody wants a real example of "loose and slippery" controlling mario....

[spoiler][/spoiler]

TooB

Go Up