August 21, 2018, 04:29:45 AM

1,526,529 Posts in 45,772 Topics by 1,031 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

new s*itphone needed

Started by Magyarorszag, June 04, 2017, 03:00:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on December 07, 2017, 11:55:13 PM
personally, i don't mind the s8's skin at all (at least not enough to spend hundreds more on an iphone or pixxxel), and you always have the option to use an alternative launcher or replace samsung's apps with google's
[spoiler]i actually saved money by going back to an iphone[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

im thinking about getting a Pixel through Google and using their Project Fi. the actual phone plan will save me a lot of money tbh and Pixels seem pretty nice i think. but im not sure if i would get a Pixel 2 yet, ive heard they're having some post-launch issues rn

Hiro

yeah don't get a pixel 2
the Essential phone is pretty cheap nowadays if i recall correctly
also just found out about Mint SIM which is super cheap and has a holiday deal if you want cheap phone service.

Snowy

I heard the standard sized Pixel 2 isn't that bad. The XL is the one have all of those problems if I heard correctly.

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on December 21, 2017, 01:26:58 AM
im thinking about getting a Pixel through Google and using their Project Fi. the actual phone plan will save me a lot of money tbh and Pixels seem pretty nice i think. but im not sure if i would get a Pixel 2 yet, ive heard they're having some post-launch issues rn

what did you end up getting y/n

Quote from: ƕɾο on December 21, 2017, 01:07:49 PM
the Essential phone is pretty cheap nowadays if i recall correctly

RIP

Magyarorszag

also i only just finished transferring all my data from my old phone onto my current one yesterday lol

god damn android for still not having a proper, complete backup solution in the year of our lord 201X

Samus Aran

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2018, 08:58:27 AM
Quote from: Rin Hoshizora on December 21, 2017, 01:26:58 AM

what did you end up getting y/n

pixel 2

its pretty neat

antmaster5000

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2018, 09:34:33 AM
also i only just finished transferring all my data from my old phone onto my current one yesterday lol

god damn android for still not having a proper, complete backup solution in the year of our lord 201X

it's called u store everything in the cloud already

Magyarorszag

Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 31, 2018, 11:28:27 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 30, 2018, 09:34:33 AM

it's called u store everything in the cloud already

i go out of my way to use the cloud as little as is necessary lol

i don't mind using it for backing up communications data like texts and contacts, but i don't like the idea of photos and other data that isn't inherently network-dependent being automatically mirrored to a cloud drive

in any case, even if i did fully embrace the cloud, the process of transferring data from one android device to another isn't nearly automatic, there's still a good deal of manual backing up and transferring of files necessary

very much unlike the near seamless process of upgrading on ios :'(

Go Up