June 16, 2024, 05:09:41 AM

1,531,265 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Nintendo Switch Discussion

Started by Hiro, October 20, 2016, 01:05:58 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

October 20, 2016, 01:05:58 AM Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 07:21:43 AM by ???
DISCUSS HERE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI[/youtube]

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

cant wait for the hot 3 minute trailer

strongbad

C.Mongler

HOPEFULLY I CAN MAKE THIS POST, THANKS BOYAH

i'm intrigued, but i dunno how much mainstream appeal this will have. it seems to be 90% what i expected, though the stand seems a little, weird? like it just looks kind of awkward, not sure what the benefit of a screen-covering cradle is over what they have now with the wii u; i'm sure there's some sort of technical reason (or not, it's nintendo). the multiplayer stuff seems really cool honestly, kind of hearkens back to the OG wii days in my mind; if they built a good marketing campaign around that this time around they might actually be able to sell a couple of these. it'd be sick to whip this shit out at this casual bar me and my buds meet up at sometimes and play some mario kart or whatever

few games showed off too: zelda (duh), NINTYHEADS CAN FINALLY PLAY SKYRIM (lol), mario kart (which i'm not sure if it was new or just a port of 8 honestly, looked pretty similar stylistically), NBA 2k, new Mario Platformer, and a new Splatoon (possibly re-release of the first, but they did some updates as the hairstyles and animations are new) which they seem to be weirdly implying is going to be the NEXT BIG E-SPORT

i dunno, it seems neat to me, but i also thought the wii u was neat when i first heard about it so i'm not going to say for sure yet if this will flop on it's ass or not. 200% sure the 3ds is basically sharing a grave with the wii u now too, so at least i can combine my handheld and console budget for 2017 yes;

also i hope this thing doesnt have like a 45 minute battery life

Kalahari Inkantation

C.Mongler

though these look fucking weird to use as a controller lol hopefully you can bring and connect two of the pro pads they showed off because only a pleb would be able to stand playing like this

Hiro

yeah i was not expecting it to be so similar to a lot of the fan ideas, but looks neat
having skyrim remastered on it gives me hope it should be in the relative ballpark of the ps4/xbone at least, also i still have a slight hope that RDR2 will be announced for it later today
only thing i'm concerned about is the attachment mechanism's durability
that mario game looks neato though
also the handheld shit is a bit big but i'm thinking that most of the hardware is in the screen because otherwise how could that be played on an airplane? maybe a 720 resolution in the handheld but the base has just enough to play the stuff at 1080 with maybe some extra effects and better framerate or somethin

don't let's

That actually seems inventive, especially when compared to the wii and wii u.

Let's hope they haven't chosen some other horrible way to gimp it.

Hiro

QuoteNintendo Switch world premier demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
In an introductory video released today (http://www.nintendo.com/switch), Nintendo provided the first glimpse of its new home gaming system and revealed that it is called Nintendo Switch. In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles.

At home, Nintendo Switch rests in the Nintendo Switch Dock that connects the system to the TV and lets you play with family and friends in the comfort of your living room. By simply lifting Nintendo Switch from the dock, the system will instantly transition to portable mode, and the same great gaming experience that was being enjoyed at home now travels with you. The portability of Nintendo Switch is enhanced by its bright high-definition display. It brings the full home gaming system experience with you to the park, on an airplane, in a car, or to a friend’s apartment.

Gaming springs into action by removing detachable Joy-Con controllers from either side of Nintendo Switch. One player can use a Joy-Con controller in each hand; two players can each take one; or multiple Joy-Con can be employed by numerous people for a variety of gameplay options. They can easily click back into place or be slipped into a Joy-Con Grip accessory, mirroring a more traditional controller. Or, if preferred, the gamer can select an optional Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use instead of the Joy-Con controllers. Furthermore, it is possible for numerous people to bring their Nintendo Switch systems together to enjoy local multiplayer face-to-face competition.

“Nintendo Switch allows gamers the freedom to play however they like,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, President and COO, Nintendo of America. “It gives game developers new abilities to bring their creative visions to life by opening up the concept of gaming without boundaries.”

Developers can design their games supporting a variety of play styles, which gives gamers the freedom to choose an experience that best suits them. Some of the publishers, developers and middleware partners announcing support for Nintendo Switch are as follows:

• 505 Games

• Activision Publishing, Inc.

• ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.

• ATLUS CO., LTD.

• Audiokinetic Inc.

• Autodesk, Inc.

• BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.

• Bethesda

• CAPCOM CO., LTD.

• Codemasters®

• CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.

• DeNA Co., Ltd.

• Electronic Arts

• Epic Games Inc.

• Firelight Technologies

• FromSoftware, Inc.

• Frozenbyte

• GameTrust

• GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.

• Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.

• HAMSTER Corporation

• Havok

• INTI CREATES CO., LTD.

• KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.

• Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.

• LEVEL-5 Inc.

• Marvelous Inc.

• Maximum Games, LLC

• Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.

• Parity Bit Inc.

• PlatinumGames Inc.

• RAD Game Tools, Inc.

• RecoChoku Co., Ltd.

• SEGA Games Co., Ltd.

• Silicon Studio Corporation

• Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.

• SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.

• Starbreeze Studios

• Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.

• Telltale Games

• THQ Nordic

• Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.

• TT Games

• UBISOFT

• Ubitus Inc.

• Unity Technologies, Inc.

• Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

• Web Technology Corp

Today’s video incorporated short glimpses of representative gameplay to demonstrate the liberating nature of the Nintendo Switch home gaming system. Full game demonstrations, the list of launch window titles, as well as launch date, price, product configuration and related specifics, will be shown and announced prior to the March launch.

C.Mongler

holy shit it took me 30 minutes to load this thread

p sure it's confirmed 720, runs on a modified nvidia tegra so it's all internal to the handheld. probably comparable to the wii u in terms of graphics fiedelity

Commander Fuckass

so is it Nintendo's version of the OUYA...I dont get it
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on October 20, 2016, 08:02:16 AM
holy shit it took me 30 minutes to load this thread

p sure it's confirmed 720, runs on a modified nvidia tegra so it's all internal to the handheld. probably comparable to the wii u in terms of graphics fiedelity
http://boyah.net/forums/index.php?action=recent

rdl

ill wait. glad i dont need to buy one to play zelda, seems like the wii u will be good enough

Go Up