October 09, 2024, 04:19:21 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

>get promoted >be unable to slack off

Started by Daddy, October 05, 2016, 07:36:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Socks on October 07, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
Quote from: Thyme on October 07, 2016, 12:44:22 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on October 06, 2016, 01:41:32 PM
[spoiler]when 40k seems like good pay :( :( :( [/spoiler]

same

i kind of used to be like this and get this point of view but i cannot any more. you realize how much you are shorting yourself and your future and your children's future.

if you work a standard job 9-5 with minimal salary, what's the point? you're just going to get by and wont be able to afford to do extravagant thing, have very nice stuff or not worry about paying for bills and normal expenses.

what is the rush to get off at 5 for example and head home? to what, sit around and chill and do nothing?
i used to be like that before i realize that gets old and it's non productive. i'd rather bust my ass, work from home, early morning, evenings, late nights, weekends, whatever, and constantly make as much money as possible.

i think the fact that you're sitting and chilling after work is the problem

i'm fine with a relatively mundane job if i look forward to what comes after. all about balance

Socks

Quote from: ADX on October 07, 2016, 07:44:21 PM
youre not defrauding anyone, you're a loan officer arent you. that's a dirty business by nature.

not really. the borrower is greatly protected by endless rules and regulation, and can only be taken advantage on one or two specific things that are not really that damaging, and only then for that to happen, they have to be very uninformed, not do their due diligence and show concern/care, and ask questions/shop around and ask for explanations and guidance, and they have to have a bad loan officer in a bad company.

i am not and do not work in any of those environments. i wish i could share my emails with concerned borrowers with you guys or record a conversations to show how thorough and compassionate my approach and work is with regard to the borrower and my job. but again, against regulations and laws.

i always go by the principle that you do things and treat others by how you would want to be treated and have things done for you. amazing how well it works and how it keeps you on good/even terms and out of trouble. even if a tad bit poorer or heartbroken. valleys and peaks, crest and troughs, yin and yang, cookies and cream, burt and ernie, bro it all comes back to you.

rdl

thats what they all say but alright. if not you, then someone else. as much as it depresses me i support the bhagavad gita approach to work, perhaps we're meant to play a role and if that's the case as hard or maybe not as wealthy or whatever it may be, you gotta do your best. even if others are doing things you wish you could. just play your part.

Go Up