June 24, 2024, 05:35:05 AM

1,531,270 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

New Main Pokemon titles on the way?

Started by TooB, February 25, 2016, 08:55:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

Which one?

SUN
0 (0%)
MOON
1 (33.3%)
BOTH
1 (33.3%)
NIETHER
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Go Down

Snowy

Red/Blue/Yellow also work with Pokebank!

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy on February 26, 2016, 08:34:03 AM
It's a little surprising, but not groundbreaking.

There's really nothing worth transferring over from Gen1.

Notably, they announced that transfers from Gen1 cannot be withdrawn from Gen6 games. You can only withdraw them into Sun/Moon. That really doesn't make much sense to me, considering nothing about Gen6 should be inadequate for storing these and these VC releases are happening so long before Sun/Moon.

Souce: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/

TooB

nothing worth transferring?

um EXCUSE ME?

How about a little thing called MISSINGNO!!!???

hocuspocus;

bluaki

Quote from: Loto on February 26, 2016, 09:17:16 AM
nothing worth transferring?

um EXCUSE ME?

How about a little thing called MISSINGNO!!!???

hocuspocus;
I guess it's worth trying maybe

but it's almost certain that they'll block impossible pokemon, like:
* pokedex number of 0 or >151
* level > 100

Impossible moves might have a chance of making it through, but I doubt it.

They could even do something like Stadium and convert Missingnos to dittos.

TooB

I think this announcement is actually kinda funny, because only a day or two ago, i was talking to kaz about how we haven't had a new main pokemon in a while, let alone news of one.

boom

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on February 26, 2016, 09:01:51 AM
Quote from: Snowy on February 26, 2016, 08:34:03 AM
It's a little surprising, but not groundbreaking.

There's really nothing worth transferring over from Gen1.

Notably, they announced that transfers from Gen1 cannot be withdrawn from Gen6 games. You can only withdraw them into Sun/Moon. That really doesn't make much sense to me, considering nothing about Gen6 should be inadequate for storing these and these VC releases are happening so long before Sun/Moon.

Souce: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-bank/
You can get Mew in RBY without an event or hack so there's that

Thyme

YPrrrr

C.Mongler

i didnt watch the direct, but did they actually confirm moon and sun or whatever are actually main series titles

what if they are the happy home designer of pokemens

Classic

I will be buying Yellow on the 3DS VC.

I've never really played a Pokemon game. At least to the end. If I like it, I will continue looking into Pokemon games. That includes Sun and Moon.

bluaki

February 26, 2016, 12:09:14 PM #40 Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:13:30 PM by bluaki
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 26, 2016, 10:56:19 AM
Quote from: Rhyme on February 26, 2016, 10:52:27 AM
you finally get to push the truck? sillydood;
Lol n_n

Just in case anyone is unaware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QGILo0SZyI
The Gen1 games have enough exploits that players can, without any cheating device, do absolutely anything they want to the game's memory if they know how.

Want a Fire-type Bulbasaur? You can do that. A Diglett that knows Fly? Go ahead. Want to rewrite the game into Tetris? It takes a while, but it's doable.

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 26, 2016, 11:38:23 AM
i didnt watch the direct, but did they actually confirm moon and sun or whatever are actually main series titles

what if they are the happy home designer of pokemens
Sun and Moon are proper Pokémon games on 3DS in which you can catch Pokémon, trade, and transfer forward your Pokémon from existing games. They introduce new locations and new Pokémon species.

Beyond that, it's vague. Do we have 8 gyms, an Elite Four, a villainous team, a legendary from the boxart? Six Pokémon on your team at once, held items, the same battle system we've always had, three starter Pokémon that are grass/fire/water? Probably, but unconfirmed.

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on February 26, 2016, 12:09:14 PM
Quote from: YPR Classic on February 26, 2016, 10:56:19 AM
Quote from: Rhyme on February 26, 2016, 10:52:27 AM
you finally get to push the truck? sillydood;
Lol n_n
Just in case anyone is unaware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QGILo0SZyI
The Gen1 games have enough exploits that players can, without any cheating device, do absolutely anything they want to the game's memory if they know how.

Want a Fire-type Bulbasaur? You can do that. A Diglett that knows Fly? Go ahead. Want to rewrite the game into Tetris? It takes a while, but it's doable.
Can you link me to examples of those confuseddood;

I mean if accurate then there is definitely an advantage to being able to upload from Gen 1 n_u

Thyme

Quote from: bluaki on February 26, 2016, 12:09:14 PM
Beyond that, it's vague. Do we have 8 gyms, an Elite Four, a villainous team, a legendary from the boxart? Six Pokémon on your team at once, held items, the same battle system we've always had, three starter Pokémon that are grass/fire/water? Probably, but unconfirmed.

well while we're at it more than four moves per pkmn would be nice 5thgrade;

bluaki

Come to think of it, considering how much The Pokémon Company is really pushing for gen1 nostalgia this year, I wouldn't put it past them to implement Missingno in Bank/Sun/Moon as an easter egg for people who transfer it over from Gen1.

The biggest reason I'd doubt it is that Missingno is very different between American and Japanese games; Japan doesn't have the memorable backwards-L-shaped appearance and I don't think their glitches are as well-known.

bluaki

Quote from: YPR Classic on February 26, 2016, 12:45:16 PM
Can you link me to examples of those confuseddood;

I mean if accurate then there is definitely an advantage to being able to upload from Gen 1 n_u
I just made those up. I know they're all possible, but I don't know the exact procedure to get them and don't feel like examining/calculating it out.

Pokémon Bank already has very extensive legitimacy checks for imports from Gen5 games. I imagine they'll do the same for Gen1 imports and block anything with types, levels, moves, dex numbers, etc. that it doesn't like. In particular, with the way the data structure works in newer games, even if they tried to import a Fire-type Bulbasaur its typing data would just get discarded anyway.

Go Up