September 22, 2018, 04:42:15 AM

1,530,007 Posts in 45,898 Topics by 1,011 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 10:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Thyme on June 30, 2018, 01:04:11 PM
well gee since this is the unpopular opinions thread and you guys started talking about dark souls, i'll use this opportunity to mention this probably very unpopular opinion of mine:

not only would i not mind a legitimate easy mode, i want one

by legitimate i mean you select it in the options or at the start of the game and the enemy attacks deal less damage

and/or you only lose half your souls when you die

now that's an unpopular opinion, but i suppose i understand

Quote from: Nyerp on June 30, 2018, 01:33:54 PM
you can already turn dark souls into the easiest game ever if you have an internet conncection

Also, this. srsly

Magyarorszag

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 14, 2018, 03:34:19 PM
Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 14, 2018, 12:38:49 AMI hadn't bought a new console game in a while so I went out and got Shovel Knight, A Link Between Worlds, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for 3DS today

man, ALBW is so fuckin good

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 14, 2018, 03:36:59 PMYeah i thought it was just going to be bleh ALTTP again but it's really good

hot take: 95% of the reason botw is good is because alttp is good

i like albw but it's just waaaaaaaaaaay too conservative

it's basically just alttp in 3d + wall-merging gimmick

i was hoping it would greatly expound upon alttp's world rather just 3dify it in almost the exact form it appeared originally

if albw had come out five years after alttp rather than over two decades later, there would rightfully have been valid complaints about it being far too similar to alttp

Samus Aran

ok that's cool but the game is still fucking great

Samus Aran

Magyarorszag

i mean yeah i agree but it's basically just piggybacking off a superior game 95% of the way :|

Magyarorszag

yet despite (and perhaps even because of) that it's still the best zelda game we've had since ww over ten years prior to albw lol

but i still wish it had been more

C.Mongler

Magyarorszag

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 15, 2018, 12:58:32 PMalbtw was derivative trash  boyahbby

highly derivative, yes, but certainly not trash

now botw is what i'd call derivative slop, but apparently that's no longer an unpopular opinion akudood;

YPrrrr

And in 10 years everyone will like BoTW again

C.Mongler

albtw is literally just alltp with PBS cartoon graphics, a shitty story, and shitty half baked characters. oh man, NEGA zelda!!!

botw at least lets me strap a bomb to my dick and roll down a mountain into some bitch's flower patch

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 15, 2018, 01:06:10 PMalbtw is literally just alltp with PBS cartoon graphics, a shitty story, and shitty half baked characters. oh man, NEGA zelda!!!

botw at least lets me strap a bomb to my dick and roll down a mountain into some bitch's flower patch
ou own ALBW :|

Are you pulling a Tec rn

Magyarorszag

August 15, 2018, 01:24:00 PM #341 Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:33:59 PM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 15, 2018, 01:05:43 PMAnd in 10 years everyone will like BoTW again

only because the big zelda of the 2020s will itself be so much of a disappointment that it'll manage to make even botw look good by comparison awdood;

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 15, 2018, 01:09:06 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 15, 2018, 01:06:10 PMalbtw is literally just alltp with PBS cartoon graphics, a shitty story, and shitty half baked characters. oh man, NEGA zelda!!!

Do you own ALBW :|

Are you pulling a Tec rn

...what does this even mean akudood;

C.Mongler

Are you pulling a Tec rn
homie i own so many copies of ALBW

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 15, 2018, 01:24:00 PM...what does this even mean akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 15, 2018, 01:24:00 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 15, 2018, 01:05:43 PMAnd in 10 years everyone will like BoTW again

only because the big zelda of the 2020s will itself be so much of a disappointed that it'll manage to make even botw look good by comparison awdood;

Are you pulling a Tec rn

...what does this even mean akudood;
It means forming a strong opinion and acting like you have extensive experience upon which to base said opinion when really it's something that you've never even actually tried in the first place girl;

Big Goop

Go Up