September 24, 2024, 07:35:10 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Just registered for my last quarter of classes

Started by strongbad, February 25, 2014, 08:19:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

god dammit i still can't get any of the classes that i want
i thought for my whole college career that by the time i was a senior i would be able to actually study what i want to study
but no the seniors who are dragging out their college education longer than me get priority even though i am in basically the same boat as them since i only need like 10 more credits

bullshitbullshitbullshit
fuck college

ncba93ivyase

i have a friend whose high school messed up and accidentally put him one grade level ahead of where he should be when he moved to another state. the new school didn't know what the hell they were doing so they basically just said "yeah you've got all you need to graduate" and so he took nothing but ap classes until he technically finished what they technically considered his senior year

he came into college with 36 credits and never had trouble registering for classes. he's majoring in cs just because "ehhh it's not too hard and it's useful" and he was always given registration priority over me, even though i'm far more interested in the subject than he is

also he came into college not knowing or caring about japanese and since he had no gen eds to take he just took loads of japanese language classes. if i didn't have to take intro to intro to introductory courses: how to pay $10000 and learn nothing, i could've taken more japanese and actually be relatively fluent today

he got a full year scholarship to japan "just because" :(

fuck scholarships man they're never given to the people who really want to get them. they seem to primarily be given to people on the fringe of caring about a subject and so they hand them a scholarship to draw them in.

but yeah since i came in with zero gen eds i buckled down with max credits every semester to get them out of the way. most people wait until their last year to pack in classes (lol why would you do that) so i managed to get ahead of other seniors in terms of credits and i got into every class i wanted starting second semester junior year

this semester i actually ran out of classes i wanted to take so i just took some arbitrary ones so that i could still get my housing allowance lol. i could've graduated by now

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The artist formally known

Tomorrow is my first day of the last quarter of my BS undergrad in EE. I only had three classes I really got to choose (made some poor choices in choosing a few classes, and also could have graduated community college sooner but whatever). Some people have a really easy time in school and some have a rough time trying to get into a good school, intern, and land a job.

Go Up