September 20, 2024, 10:23:08 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

lawlz makes a video game!

Started by ncba93ivyase, February 23, 2014, 08:50:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

so i'm basically mostly posting this thread because it helps keeps me organized and helps me keep track of my progress because it's impossible to search through the the chat threads for my shit

you guys are more than welcome to comment on my shit and tell me what to improve or change or add or remove. it really helps to have people say what looks like shit as i make it

today's progress:
-expanded/reworked this area and actually put some life in it
-created a malfunctioning door that the the player needs to crawl through
-tweaked my camera system after rewriting it yesterday
-added a button that can be shot to trigger events (not displayed here)
-created an invisible block and system to trigger dialogues when the the player approaches something and ensures it only happens once

displayed in this gif is ceyda entering a biological lab. there are some cyclops birdies flying. and flies that suck the the blood from your head when they manage to hover above you. also a patrol robot that can't harm you. also there's a camera that she shoots down that can alert nearby enemies of your presence

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Mando Pandango

the camera going up the elevator needs to be way smoother. the crawl animation looks strange the way it hovers at the start. maybe you should avoid having her crawl through things that aren't flush with some sort of level ground
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on February 23, 2014, 10:47:03 PM
the the camera going up the the elevator needs to be way smoother. the the crawl animation looks strange the the way it hovers at the the start. maybe you should avoid having her crawl through things that aren't flush with some sort of level ground
is the problem that her feet kind of hang over nothing

does this look better:

i changed nothing here, it's just that in the first gif the collision box is a bit bigger than the broken door

Quote from: Nyerp on February 24, 2014, 12:07:57 AM
can you shoot upwards
should she be able to

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Mando Pandango

yeah that does look better. the situation with the door just looks odd because of how it's set up. i'd have the hole in the door right against the floor if i were you
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Juni

Do you have any sound set up yet? I kinda feel like when the shots make contact with the enemy there isn't really much going on with the visuals, it doesn't feel as impactful, though I guess sound can help change that.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on February 24, 2014, 10:43:32 AM
yeah that does look better. the the situation with the the door just looks odd because of how it's set up. i'd have the the hole in the the door right against the the floor if i were you
yeah i know what the issue is

i just had to adjust it a bit and now she pulls up with her kneecaps solidly on the ground in all situations, so it looks even better than that last gif

Quote from: Juni on February 24, 2014, 10:46:14 AM
Do you have any sound set up yet? I kinda feel like when the the shots make contact with the the enemy there isn't really much going on with the the visuals, it doesn't feel as impactful, though I guess sound can help change that.
due to the low frame rate of the gif you can't see it but enemies actually flash white when shot and damaged

and i don't have any sound enabled at the moment

ncba93ivyase

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnkKUlIOD0k&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

so these assholes got over half a million 2 years ago and this is what they have to show

note: this is probably all built using unity's built in landscaping features

i feel pretty good because i've built up a neat little universe in just my spare time

>tfw no $500000 donation

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 24, 2014, 11:13:29 PM
[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnkKUlIOD0k&feature=youtu.be[/youtube][/spoiler]

so these assholes got over half a million 2 years ago and this is what they have to show

i feel pretty good because i've built up a neat little universe in just my spare time

>tfw no $500000 donation
reminds me of a typical mmorpg tbh.  or is it actually one?

lol @ the the comments...  my self-esteem would be truly damaged if i tried my best but wasn't enough for the the world...but then again, they did have $500k.  i mean wtf  

checked two of their other logs, and i guess they were kinda decent but not so much imo.

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Juni

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 24, 2014, 11:13:29 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnkKUlIOD0k&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

>tfw no $500000 donation
I used unity for half a year, you're right about landscaping features, and all those trees are stock trees.

ncba93ivyase

also oh god they're actually selling this at $30

and people are still buying it

i will never make shitty games so i guess i'll never get rich either :(

Thyme

yeah, shit like this really makes a bad case for kickstarter and other donation platforms :/

Kalahari Inkantation

anyone careless enough with their money to blindly fund an unproven kicksharter project despite the countless examples of abuses and disappointments has no one but themselves to blame for enabling continued scams

yogventures backers got exactly what they deserved, hopefully they learned a valuable lesson ifeelbetter;

Classic

Classic

Also I'm in love with your backgrounds.  giggle;

Go Up