September 29, 2024, 12:25:40 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

Snowy

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 21, 2013, 01:12:46 PM
i meant only new pokes. i know there's only around 70 new ones, but still, such a limitation could cause some really interesting team choices imo

girl;
I'm game for it. wrench;

PLEASEHELP1991

October 21, 2013, 01:15:21 PM #916 Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 01:23:02 PM by NotFelt
Quote from: Kefka on October 21, 2013, 01:11:53 PM
Also wtf is ev/iv training
ok, so each pokemon has unique individual values that range from 0-31 for each stat that determine the base stats of your pokemon and only one stat can be the max of 31 i believe. you can add more to the base stat by training your pokemon for effort values which you can do by playing the super training minigames for each stat or seeking out particular wild pokemon that give out particular evs
also just read kaz's post \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Kefka on October 21, 2013, 01:11:53 PM
Also wtf is ev/iv training

it would be faster for you to just look it up, but first of all you can't really "train" ivs, they're passive and randomly generated and they determine the base value for each stat. they're hidden values that can only be checked in-game by npcs. you can breed to pass down ivs, though.

evs are completely in your control, they are "effort value" points awarded for a specific stat, and each 4 effort value points per stat equals a +1 for that stat on a level up. fighting pokemon that specialize in a specific stat give evs. so a zubat, who specializes in speed, gives speed ev points.

the max ev points per stat is 255, but thats not divisible by 4 so you should only go to 252 for one stat, 252 for another stat, and 4 for the last (in most cases) as the max ev altogether is 510.

so should you fight 252 zubats? if you want, but preferably you'd fight golbats because they give 2 speed points. and in addition, you could use carbos 10 times which equals 100 speed evs right there, but after the first 100 vitamins no longer work.

and in x/y, now there is super training which is a way to ev train that's i guess a little easier for early-game, still tedious though but at least it's a new way lol

BASICALLY, ev training is a specific way to battle pokes + super train in order to max out specific stats to your liking

(also stat growth is affected by natures too this is also v. important)

there is your vague explanation ur welcome

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 21, 2013, 01:19:56 PM
it would be faster for you to just look it up, but first of all you can't really "train" ivs, they're passive and randomly generated and they determine the base value for each stat. they're hidden values that can only be checked in-game by npcs. you can breed to pass down ivs, though.

evs are completely in your control, they are "effort value" points awarded for a specific stat, and each 4 effort value points per stat equals a +1 for that stat on a level up. fighting pokemon that specialize in a specific stat give evs. so a zubat, who specializes in speed, gives speed ev points.

the max ev points per stat is 255, but thats not divisible by 4 so you should only go to 252 for one stat, 252 for another stat, and 4 for the last (in most cases) as the max ev altogether is 510.

so should you fight 252 zubats? if you want, but preferably you'd fight golbats because they give 2 speed points. and in addition, you could use carbos 10 times which equals 100 speed evs right there, but after the first 100 vitamins no longer work.

and in x/y, now there is super training which is a way to ev train that's i guess a little easier for early-game, still tedious though but at least it's a new way lol

BASICALLY, ev training is a specific way to battle pokes + super train in order to max out specific stats to your liking

(also stat growth is affected by natures too this is also v. important)

there is your vague explanation ur welcome
ty Mr kaz
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

PLEASEHELP1991

i hate that no one reads my explanations...
I love [you]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: NotFelt on October 21, 2013, 01:25:00 PM
kaz explained it better deal w/it hoe
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

don't let's

Only fresh pokemon you've caught on victory road

Samus Aran

Quote from: NotFelt on October 21, 2013, 01:25:00 PM

well, yours was probably mostly a better explanation of ivs girl;

of course, really, it gets more complicated because there are formulas you can use yourself to determine ivs and there's the details of breeding for them and blah blah blah

ivs are something i've never bothered with too much just yet. ev training, yes. but that's easy. nature hunting, definitely. but breeding for ivs is something i've avoided thus far, but i'll probably try it out on at least one poke that i want to be as good as humanly possible.

Hippopo

I ev trained once, and it wasn't worth it.

Of course ev training is a lot easier this time around... And I do like the super trainer, soo

YPrrrr

Quote from: Snowy on October 21, 2013, 12:43:38 PM
Darkrai isn't considered an uber or banned from tourneys as far as I know.

Fine, I'll just use my Modest EV/IV trained Lucario. :|
Idk I use smogon and he's uber. One of the scariest mons in ubers too. High speed, high special attack, nasty plot, and the second best sleep move in game. Pretty ridic.
Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on October 21, 2013, 01:03:31 PM
if we are ever going to hold a pokemon tourney, we'd need to set some rules because not everyone here is into ev training and stuff like me, ypr, and snowy are (and idk if blu is)

we should have a tourney designated for normally-raised pokes and maybe keep ubers and borderlines out of it or something

and, should there be a level cap? really doubt all of us are going to have a level 100 team ready to go any time soon. maybe we should have a level 50 tournament first or something. save level 100 boyah tournaments for later.

man this could be really fun
I actually don't even EV train usually unless it's a favorite pokemon of mine. I've only ever EV trained like 4. Maybe super training will make it less of a chore though? I put a lot of efforts into teams and movesets though so I usually do alright despite non-optimal stats.

Snowy

a friend of mine EV trained a Beedrill for some reason. It was pretty good in the end.
Quote from: YPR Classic on October 21, 2013, 01:35:28 PM
Idk I use smogon and he's uber. One of the scariest mons in ubers too. High speed, high special attack, nasty plot, and the second best sleep move in game. Pretty ridic.
I have a Timid Darkrai built around Dark Void, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse and Aura Blast. He's terrifying to go against. jackodood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hippopo on October 21, 2013, 01:34:02 PM
I ev trained once, and it wasn't worth it.

Of course ev training is a lot easier this time around... And I do like the super trainer, soo

super training is probably honestly slower than just battling pokes in an area with a high encounter rate of that poke

but since you won't have access to fly for a while, super training is effective early game

and it'll be a nice break from battling pokes for a while or if it's for a stat that you've having trouble finding the right pokes for, i guess

Samus Aran

i just ev trained a modest starmie about a week ago in white lol

but idk if that starmie will be brought over, i'll probably just make a new one.

and yeah darkrai is def uber and i use smogon too girl;

Snowy

The only reason I bothered with making a Darkrai like that was because I was told that he wasn't considered uber goowan

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on October 21, 2013, 01:39:57 PM
The only reason I bothered with making a Darkrai like that was because I was told that he wasn't considered uber goowan

most legendaries are. notable exceptions include kanto's legendary birds and johto's roaming legendary dogs. and the "little legendaries" like mew, jirachi, victini, etc.

Go Up