September 20, 2024, 12:30:39 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyager families

Started by bluaki, August 05, 2012, 12:24:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

During some chat tonight, I realized that I don't see many of you mention your families and Kaz is like the only one whose family I seem to know anything about. So, what's your (immediate) family like? What's your relationship with them and how do they actively affect your life?

[spoiler=mine]I live with my mother, grandmother, and 12-year-old sister. My father's been gone and out-of-contact my entire life and I don't care about him or the rest of his side of my family at all. My grandmother is a retired nurse and my mother is a former kindergarten teacher who more recently substitute teaches during the school year and works at a day camp during the summer. My sister seems to spend most of her free time at a variety of things my mom signed her up for like girl scouts, singing, and dancing. She's somewhat interested in anime.

My mother in particular has quite a few problems, like working too long (spending at least a few hours extra at work every day for lesson planning or whatever), careless/whimsical/fun-oriented spending, overreacting to everything, and having an obsession with owning countless pets.

Because of the aforementioned busyness and overreacting, it's somewhat difficult for me to pursue my trans-related issues with them. My sister is probably the most likely to help me with anything she actually has the ability to help with. I suppose I otherwise mostly avoid my family.[/spoiler]

Mando Pandango

you are all my family

[spoiler]except DP[/spoiler]
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

snoorkel

[spoiler]my parents divorced when I was 11(?), both still live in minnesota, which I've since abandoned. I keep in regular contact but am not especially close to either of them, though my mother once had a cool hippie lifestyle that I feel could be reawakened to her benefit if she gave up evangelical christianity and a seeming lust to be acknowledged as a well-to-do suburbanite. father is awaiting [death] sentence for unwitting involvement of his former company in a multi-billion dollar ponzi scheme, which really makes me wonder what the fuck he's been thinking about until now

I have a brother 2 years younger than me who I don't speak to very often (somewhat to my regret, though we really just never developed similar interests), and a half-sister 15 or so years older who lives in Croatia. grandparents and outer relatives are all dead or have found some reason to fall out of contact[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on August 05, 2012, 12:33:09 AM
you are all my family

[spoiler]except DP[/spoiler]
wtf  akudood;

also anyway I moved out of my parent's house when I was 19 and started undergrad

Mom is a heart surgeon at the hospital in my hometown, she's from the Philippines and she's probably the only one that tries to keep everyone in the family in a fit condition, she would get us to run 2-3 miles before high school to get the blood flowing I guess so we could be able to concentrate more during morning classes, I still wake up around 7am and go for a morning job at the park. She's a good mom too, she'll usually be busy during most of the day but she still has time to check in on her children
My Dad is a warden at a correctional facility and is pretty much laid back when he is off of work, I guess he keeps work and family life seperate. He used to be in the air force as a mechanic. He still loves planes too he usually buys scale models that he can put together
My Brother is a state trooper in Virginia, we always have gotten a long.
My Sister is a 3rd time college drop out that moved to knoxville in January of this year, she got pregnant two years ago with her boyfriend at that time. she's pretty much an unfit mother, she's going to college a 4th time for cosmetology and instead of having a babysitter that would watch her kid while she was at work or school she gave custody of her kid to my parents for 18 months. I used to get along with her but then she had the baby and I've hated her since. I was usually the one taking care of her baby, while she would make up some white lie so she could go and hang out with her friends
both of my grandmothers are dead
my granddad on my dad's still alive and he served in the marines
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

6M69I69B9

August 05, 2012, 01:44:16 AM #4 Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:54:05 AM by Original_MIB
Really, I'm not that close to my family at all, not even with my immediate family.  But anyway (Sorry if I'm not too consistent with my words, I'm just lazy as Hell right now.):

My mom is one stubborn motherfucker, she can be manipulative, cynical.  But in the end, my mom is just so damn playful with her words.  I fucking love it.  Me and my mom laugh sometimes together because I guess I'm pretty much the only one in the household that can at least take on her "negativity."  She is such a hard fucking worker, just so much shit in the past.  She sacrifices a lot, too.  But other than that, I don't go to my mom a lot, and when I do, it's just casual.  She has some health problems.  She likes the five parakeets we have in the house.  She fucking buys unnecessary shit.  (In my opinion, at least.)  She'll buy shit, and I'd be like, "Mom, why."  And she'd say, "It was on sale."  And I'm like, "Mom, you save when you DON'T buy anything...mommmmmmmmmm..!"  She also loves cleaning, even when unnecessary.  My mom is pretty self-conscious, too.        

My dad is...really damn silent.  He talks in sentences with very few words.  He likes sports, even when his favorites aren't on.  He's pretty ill right now, that a lot of people in my family think he's going to die soon.  He can be enthusiastic, or fake a lot of it, at least.  I think he keeps a lot to himself.  He worries about a lot shit, like if I say a swear word in public.  But, he's probably the least self-conscious person I've ever met in my life.  I don't really talk to him.  But when I do, it's just casual talk.  It's hard to get him to try something new.  Sometimes, when I talk to him about his past, like how he got his Black Belt, he would be reluctant to talk about it.  He has shit hygiene, my fuck.  I'm not even going to get more into that.  He loves the family dog, Jordan, a lot, and Jordan is just to damn loyal to him, awwwww.  Although I barely talk to him, he still wishes for the best for me, as I do for him, too.  He's on disability. 

My sister is a judgmental bitch.  Can get stubborn, sensitive, defensive, etc..  Really aggressive, too.  Confrontational, as well.  She's the oldest sibling in my immediate family.  Very overprotective.  She jokes a lot.  She can lend a hand when she can, and etc.  Very attached to the idea of family.  I just argue a lot with her, my fuck.  I always feel like something is gonna go bad when I feel her presence.  She interprets me so much, so she may get into an argument with me.  Or I'll argue with her when I call out some things she expresses about me.  She can get so damn emotional, that it can get scary.  Occasionally talk to her.

My brother.  He's the middle sibling.  Holy shit we get into arguments, we borrow money and then end up arguing about money.  He's pretty shy sometimes.  We call each other a "dick" on a daily basis, or any sort of name-calling.  He's selfish like fuck with shit.  Hard to convince him to do something new or something else.  He sucks at writing and getting the gist of something.  I like how he does some things for me, and when I ask him, he's like, "Because I'm your brother."  And I go like, "Bawwwwwww."  And he goes like, "Ok, shut up."  He loves sports, holy shit.  Plays on his XBOX 360 a lot with some friends.  He may get annoyed of me because sometimes I just feel like talking to someone, even if it's going to be dumb as hell.  We're so damn casual to each other.  Also, he's lazy like fuck in the house.  If anybody knows Theo from Luminous Arc, I ALWAYS will try to voice-act his voice, and say, "Big brother!" to him when I'm just playing around with him.  Also, I don't think I've ever seen him cry.  Even when we were young.  He owns two parakeets in his room.    

I guess that's pretty much it.  
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

piano moths

my parents divorced when i was really young ( 3 yrs old) and i have  7 siblings (5 half sisters and 2 brothers) my mom moved away when my parents divorced to california where she had my two youngest siblings

neither of my parents work or are productive at all and just drink coors light all the time. my dad is smart though he is just *depressed* both of my parents are on disability. my mom calls herself a permachild it is annoying but accurate. i think she has a good heart though. they have both tripped before

all of my siblings are pretty cool. i am closest with my 16 (almost 17 yr old) brother he is my closest friend.  My other parts of my family are around sometimes.
kill them w kindness

Daddy

I'm not allowed to mention my girlfriend here. n_n

uh my mom technically lives here but she's always with her boyfriend and i see her maybe once every month or two because she never stops by.  I see her more often in the school year but even then she usually leaves before i wakeup and and is asleep when i get home so i dont see her much then either

my sister lives here and always asks me for shit

my brother does too but i haven't seen him in like a week lol

my dad is DEAD

my biological dad is DEAD TO ME

silvertone

my younger brother doesnt like anime so i punched him yesterday.

Snowy

I live with my parents. I have no siblings. My dad is usually pretty cool. My mom is a cunt more often than not now. I dunno why.

PLEASEHELP1991

my dad has undiagnosed ptsd and borderline personality disorder, so I don't usually speak of him because he drives me insane. my mom is struggling with my dad over his power-seeking behavior over others. my sister hogs the goddamn living room television, and my younger brother has severe autism and currently lives in a group home. ~_^
I love [you]

ME##

I'm a tumour on people that call themselves my mother and brother.   

FAMY2

My dad was in the army and afterwards did auto body repair. Mom was a stay at home watch tv mom. My sister married a guy who wasn't afraid to belittle or beat on her. They are all dead now. SUCKS TO DIE YOUNG.

the only family I talk to is an Uncle who thinks I did alright so far.  n_n

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Kefka on August 05, 2012, 10:53:07 AM
what did I do to you  akudood;
I thought it would be funny to say "except ____" and I thought yours would be the funniest name to put there.

Relax maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Go Up