September 22, 2024, 03:28:29 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

kung fu lessons

Started by Hiro, January 30, 2012, 09:23:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

should i do it

yes what a good idea
2 (28.6%)
you'll never make it kid what a loser
3 (42.9%)
you don't need training kung fu is inside you all along
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Go Down

Hiro

so i really want to learn some form of martial arts... but the problem is if i were to take a class on that it would probably be with a bunch of little kids right? or do they have adult karate classes now? i don't really think so, especialy not in a smaller city. maybe in la or chicago or nyc but probably not a place like flagstaff..

so should I try to do that? it's really somethign that'd i'd like to learn. i want to get really really good at it though, like enough to be a fighting double for movies or a fight scene choreographer or something like that, right???

Hiro

also preemptive "i know kung-fu"

snoorkel

Look up Aikido

Find Aikido center

Learn to become Aikido master

don't do americanized martial arts bullshit

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98yRuBkUBGQ[/youtube][/spoiler]

Hippopo

Most dojos focus on adult martial arts classes if they are worth while.  I started doing judo/jujitsu about two months ago.  I have walked away with more injures from these sports than any other....

At times I regret my decision for joining.  :(

YPrrrr

Flagstaff really isn't that small lol. And it's a college town, I'm sure there are classes somewhere for young adults/adults. I mean my area was much smaller than Flagstaff but most Karate studios had timeslots split for adults and children

Hiro

Quote from: vziard on January 30, 2012, 09:25:25 PM
don't do americanized martial arts bullshit
well yeah i agree i just didn't know the proper term to use, but i don't want shitty american karate or whatever-the-fuck

Quote from: Hippopo on January 30, 2012, 09:26:13 PM
Most dojos focus on adult martial arts classes if they are worth while.
well that's good to hear

Quote from: Hippopo on January 30, 2012, 09:26:13 PM
I started doing judo/jujitsu about two months ago.  I have walked away with more injures from these sports than any other....

At times I regret my decision for joining.  :(
god dammit why are you the greatest man alive

Mando Pandango

Don't take karate. Karate is for gay babies.

ju jitsu seems p cool, i know some people who do it

Also "kung fu" specifically refers to Chinese martial arts. FYI
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: NPR on January 30, 2012, 09:27:59 PM
Flagstaff really isn't that small lol. And it's a college town, I'm sure there are classes somewhere for young adults/adults. I mean my area was much smaller than Flagstaff but most Karate studios had timeslots split for adults and children
well yeah i suppose you're right, but i just feel like arizona in general is pretty lazy in general and wouldn't really have something like that
but i'm sure i'm wrong, i'll look into it.

Quote from: Colonel Cold on the Cob on January 30, 2012, 09:29:20 PM
Don't take karate. Karate is for gay babies.

ju jitsu seems p cool, i know some people who do it
Quote from: Hiroglyph on January 30, 2012, 09:28:22 PM
well yeah i agree i just didn't know the proper term to use, but i don't want shitty american karate or whatever-the-fuck

snoorkel

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

YPrrrr

Cosmic Ada

Learning to kick ass would be awesome.

Hiro

Quote from: vziard on January 30, 2012, 09:33:17 PM
http://www.aikidoflagstaff.com/home.html

do it I bet it would be awesome @___@
that's actually the closest martial arts-related place around here, it's in a pretty good location. wonder how much it costs...

Quote from: NPR on January 30, 2012, 09:46:21 PM
Take kendo n_u
I would actually love to do that as well, but it's not really the physical talent i want.

they have this at my school:
http://home.nau.edu/recreation/clubsports/martialarts.asp

QuoteThe comprehensive curriculum includes the most effective and efficient techniques from Kung Fu, Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Hwarang Do, Jiu-Jitsu, Aikido, Judo, Hapkido, Kendo, Tai Chi, and others.

plus it's only 25$ a semester...

Go Up