September 28, 2024, 02:35:58 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the sorry state of sony

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 29, 2011, 07:05:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-exec-defends-ps2-on-ps4-price-points/1100-6433256/

why does anybody like this guy again

oh yeah, he looks great in contrast with mattrick, who has been dead for years and now only exists as a convenient strawman for sony tolerators to cling to

sony's psp-ps3-psv cross play feature for classic games was the ideal model, a standard for the rest of the industry to emulate

enter the ps4, and suddenly they're worse than nintendo when it comes to cossplay: the only option is to buy your retro games again, at full price (in fact, $5 more, from $10 on ps3/psp to $15 on ps4)

the addition of trophies does not excuse this

even backwards nintendo, who i've long said should be following sony's old crossplay model, gives you the ability to pay to ""'upgrade""" virtual console titles already owned on wii to their wii u versions at a discount

this is not something the customer should have to pay for at all, but at least with nintendo you're only paying 1/10 of the full price

now with the ps4 you don't even get that option, and the industry continues merrily onward in its race to the bottom

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

Thyme

Thyme

January 08, 2016, 04:37:20 AM #186 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:07:53 AM by Whyme
QuoteDaoust: If something’s even $85, it doesn’t matter how good it is, how great of an experience it is â€" if they just can’t afford it, then it really might as well not exist. We’re going for the mainstream, but time will tell what the market is.

Thyme

January 08, 2016, 05:10:14 AM #187 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 05:14:10 AM by Whyme
but hey i just got far cry 4 and dragon age: inquisition for $20 and $30 respectively so giggle;

greatness awaits (those who wait)

Thyme

oh and hey btw last night my ps4 wouldn't turn back on from rest mode so i had to unplug the power cable

luckily it turned back on

but now i'll have to live in fear of it bricking for the rest of its potentially short lifetime

greatness awaits 5thgrade;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Whyme on January 08, 2016, 05:12:59 AM
oh and hey btw last night my ps4 wouldn't turn back on from rest mode so i had to unplug the power cable

but now i'll have to live in fear of it bricking for the rest of its potentially short lifetime

#4theplayers
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

ME##

i've never had this, but i've had weird issues with the store not wanting to open coming out of "rest" mode

TooB

Quote from: David on January 08, 2016, 10:51:07 AM

i've never had this, but i've had weird issues with the store not wanting to open coming out of "rest" mode
I've had rest mode fail to turn on my ps4 once.
Apparently people are saying it's just a problem that came with the last major system update.

C.Mongler

once my ps4 made me breakfast but then it turns out everything was made of paper mache

Kalahari Inkantation

QuoteDue to the recent PlayStation®Network interruption we are giving you a 1-DAY® extension to your PlayStation®Plus membership.  Please redeem the following voucher code by March 31, 2016, 11:59 PM PST:

Thanks Sony!! 5thgrade;

Go Up