September 24, 2024, 11:29:39 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Drew's Semester Break Adventures

Started by applesauce, November 30, 2011, 04:37:39 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

applesauce

Dear Boyah,

I seek your advice in planning my adventures over semester break. My goal is to go new places and to see new things, or at least things I haven't seen since I was a small child. I will have just under one month (28 days) to see as much of the upper Midwest that I can, while still maintaining essential normal activities.

On December 10th I will be returning to Minneapolis, via the Empire Builder.

On the 11th, Ron will be joining me in Minneapolis. We will begin our subterranean UE binge as soon as I pick him up from the bus depot.

On the 13th, we will travel to Sandland, Wisconsin, where Slim Jim Hollison is constructing an underground tunnel maze. We will work a day in the mines there, before traveling to Winona, MN, to meet Trevor and explore some caves with him (?).

When we return to Minneapolis we will resume our drain/tunnel/cave binge.

On the 15th, Ron will leave Minneapolis.

On the 16th, I will return to work. I will work full-time from then on.

It appears that that weekend, the 16th-18th, will be my only opportunity for a long-distance escapade. I am thinking of maybe driving up through Duluth, across the range, through northern MN (hi, Kaz) and up to Winnipeg and then back down through North Dakota. Does anyone have any ideas of specific places to see along or close to that route? Or perhaps a different suggestion entirely?

Socks

Dude I don't even know what tomorrow brings. You're entirely too smug with the world. And I did not see not one reference to durgs. What kind of a man are you?

applesauce

I like things clear. At least in my head.

It makes me feel secure.

Socks

But see the thing is, once you start down that road, then everything has to be planned and foreseen, otherwise you will reach the other side, and there will be nothing there. At which point your security will take a massive dose of panic.

applesauce

Quote from: Socks on November 30, 2011, 08:28:12 AM
But see the thing is, once you start down that road, then everything has to be planned and foreseen, otherwise you will reach the other side, and there will be nothing there. At which point your security will take a massive dose of panic.

What? I wasn't talking about planning-- I was talking about drugs.

Socks

Quote from: applesauce on November 30, 2011, 08:31:05 AM
What? I wasn't talking about planning-- I was talking about drugs.

What in the world would ever make you think that drugs obscure your clarity? That's more on the person.

applesauce

Quote from: Socks on November 30, 2011, 08:45:21 AM
What in the world would ever make you think that drugs obscure your clarity? That's more on the person.

My experiences.

Socks

Quote from: applesauce on November 30, 2011, 08:57:26 AM
My experiences.

Relax, said the Night Man
We are programmed to receive.
You can check out anytime you like,
But you can never leave!

piano moths

I definitely think it's the way the your brain deals with the drugs that makes them foggy. Over the weekend of December 16th - December 18th Drew should try mushrooms and see how that goes
kill them w kindness

applesauce

Quote from: eeeeeee on November 30, 2011, 09:43:11 AM
I definitely think it's the way the your brain deals with the drugs that makes them foggy. Over the weekend of December 16th - December 18th Drew should try mushrooms and see how that goes

It's not about foggy-- it's about not crisp like a winter's morning on the lake or a freeway in the eyeing sun or tall red grass.

Socks

Quote from: applesauce on November 30, 2011, 09:59:50 AM

It's not about foggy-- it's about not crisp like a winter's morning on the lake or a freeway in the eyeing sun or tall red grass.

Money is pretty crisp too, when it comes right out of the press. But the best, is an icy winter breath, crisp as a shard of glass into your lungs.

Hiro

piano moths

Quote from: applesauce on November 30, 2011, 09:59:50 AM

so why wouldn't you want to try drugs
kill them w kindness

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

piano moths

kill them w kindness

Go Up