September 28, 2024, 02:33:27 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Have you ever been to church?

Started by Andria, November 15, 2011, 08:57:33 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andria

and when was the first time you went?

I never even went being a staunch atheist till I was 21 and that was only partially out of curiosity and the opportunity arising, and respect for my friend and his family that let me stay at their home for a night.

It was a bit odd knowing I didn't believe in it and there were a lot of church songs and stuff. I actually ended up helping more than most of the people who go there with setting stuff up and taking stuff down simply cause i could.

It was an interesting experience.

silvertone

i goto church every week and have been since birth. in high school i went like 5 times a week. now it just once a week tho. i lock myself in the a/v closet and say i am copying CDs (that they sell) and just read carl sagan

crystalpepsi

I used to go to church and didn't pay attention, I waited until it was over to trade yu-gi-oh cards with all the other kids.  hocuspocus;

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: silvertone on November 15, 2011, 08:59:08 PM
i goto church every week and have been since birth. in high school i went like 5 times a week. now it just once a week tho. i lock myself in the a/v closet and say i am copying CDs (that they sell) and just read carl sagan
carl sagan is a good christian.
I love [you]

Thyme

i first went when i was baptized as a little babby thyme :3

i last went when my grandma died 7 years ago (well it was a tiny chapel but w/e)

i won't be going there again until someone in my family dies or gets married

snoorkel

I was raised in a Catholic education system so saw their Mass once a week when I was younger, and once every few weeks in high school. My parents, fortunately, never made a habit of worshipping anything (except money)...

silvertone

Quote from: bluebirdofhappiness on November 15, 2011, 09:02:18 PM
carl sagan is a good christian.
he actually spends the first or second chapter of this book saying why religion is Kinda Dumb.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: silvertone on November 15, 2011, 09:03:27 PM
he actually spends the first or second chapter of this book saying why religion is Kinda Dumb.
i was being very tongue-in-cheek when i said that
I love [you]

Commander Fuckass

I live in the bible belt so of course I have.

I haven't actually went to  sunday service in a long while though.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hippopo

silvertone

Thyme

Hippopo

Quote from: Thyme on November 15, 2011, 09:06:34 PM
lol

tell us about your experience in church-going, hippo ifeelbetter;
It's a dark and embarrassing chapter of my life.  I prefer to pretend like it never happened.  n_n

PLEASEHELP1991

before i became a non-believer, my mother stopped taking us to church because of the predominately southern baptist sects in our small town in georgia
I love [you]

Thyme

Quote from: Hippopo on November 15, 2011, 09:08:58 PM
It's a dark and embarrassing chapter of my life.  I prefer to pretend like it never happened.  n_n

okay :(

Quote from: bluebirdofhappiness on November 15, 2011, 09:09:04 PM
before i became a non-believer

You went back to being a non-believer. hocuspocus;

Go Up