June 16, 2024, 07:50:55 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Demon's Souls

Started by strongbad, October 18, 2009, 01:49:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on July 22, 2015, 04:20:22 PM
dragon god was...interesting befuddlement but it was kind of anticlimactic since 2-3 was just a hallway and the boss fight

[spoiler]i still managed to die twice on him goowan[/spoiler]
yeah, it was pretty disappointing that he was essentially just a gimmick boss....
track down the catapult, use it, you win!

looked cool though i suppose

Thyme

still to this day don't know how to reliably avoid his punches tho tbh

Samus Aran

almost every final boss in every world is just "a hallway and then the boss"

3-3 you climb up some stairs from the maneater bridge and then you're at the boss, 4-3 you leave the boss room from the old hero literally into the 4-3 boss fight immediately, 5-3 you walk through a short hallway and then the """""boss""""""

(btw all of these are gimmick bosses too, just all very different types of gimmicks)

1-4 is the exception, as while the distance from 1-3 archstone to 1-4 boss is pretty short, there's a ton of enemies and a pretty major stage hazard/miniboss

Nyerp

guess who accidentally let ostrava die in 1-3!!!! smithicide; FUCK

at least i killed penetrator in one try but it was a hollow victory

Kalahari Inkantation

did you get the mausoleum key from him at least

you'll miss out on a few words of late-game exposition and pure clearstone, which sucks, but the key is by far the most important of his rewards

Nyerp

Samus Aran

when you fight the guy that the mausoleum key unlocks, if you actually kill him instead of just taking off the required half of his health, you get a trophy. godspeed nyerp

bassir;

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah good luck with that fight should you choose to kill him lol goowan

Nyerp

well im probably not gonna try that until right before the final boss lol

Nyerp

Quote from: Nyerp on July 24, 2015, 09:21:05 PM

speaking of which, is the boss of 1-4 the final boss or am i free to do shit afterwards?

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on July 25, 2015, 09:35:13 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on July 24, 2015, 09:21:05 PM

speaking of which, is the boss of 1-4 the final boss or am i free to do shit afterwards?
He's "supposed to be" the final boss, but I don't think the game ends after fighting him. I think if you're able to fight him, but still haven't beat other bosses, then the game goes on.

I can't fully remmeber though. I might say look it up to be sure.

Samus Aran

1-4 is not the final boss by any means. You can fight him at any point after you've killed another area's last boss (as 1-3 is locked until you do so). Cinematically, he is best saved for last because he's story-important and stuff. That's all. Also he can be pretty fucking hard.

The game progresses to its finale after you've killed every boss demon. At that point, a new area in the Nexus becomes available, and you can end the game at your convenience whenever you choose. You can do as much as you want before ending the game.

Nyerp

Nyerp

lol i got an npc for the old monk fight oh well

Kalahari Inkantation

it's virtually impossible to get anything but the npc these days :(

Go Up