September 22, 2024, 12:41:49 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Look At This Fucking

Started by Veal, August 05, 2009, 10:00:49 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

Quote from: Socks on August 06, 2009, 01:00:30 PM
And get the ones with holes already in them.  doodthing;

Yes, the idea of pre-distressed/worn designer jeans is ridiculous.

However I'll happily argue with anyone who wishes to speak against the quality of ACTUAL nice $300-400 jeans, because they really are unbelievably comfortable, assuming you like fitted clothes.

Oh

Quote from: wziard on August 06, 2009, 01:06:34 PM
Yes, the idea of pre-distressed/worn designer jeans is ridiculous.

However I'll happily argue with anyone who wishes to speak against the quality of ACTUAL nice $300-400 jeans, because they really are unbelievably comfortable, assuming you like fitted clothes.
I've found jeans that are comfortable and are less than $100.  akudood;

rdl

I only buy jeans if they're less than $20 akudood;

so when i first met a guy who pays $300 per pair for slightly bluer jeans i was pretty much blown away

Classic

Quote from: Lwar on August 06, 2009, 12:32:27 PM
I hate people who think it's okay to spend $300 on jeans.  awdood;

This this this this THIS.

awdood;

Skylark

it seems a waste to spend that much money on clothes no matter the quality.
the book of right on

Socks

Quote from: wziard on August 06, 2009, 01:06:34 PM

Those jeans do not cost the company making them anywhere near $300-400 a pair. As such, whatever the features and the perceived sensation which they cause on our bodies, there is still no objective reason to shell out that much for an affect which (for me personally) can be attained in much more frugal ways.

snorkel

Yeah it probably doesn't cost them $400 or anywhere near that, but there's no arguing that handmade jeans are nicer than Levis cranked out of machines.

Personally I don't buy extremely expensive pants either, the most I'll pay for jeans is $200, but if I was rich and/or a woman (since women's clothes are nicer and more expensive) I'd probably pay more.

Socks

Quote from: wziard on August 06, 2009, 01:28:18 PM
Personally I don't buy extremely expensive pants either, the most I'll pay for jeans is $200, but if I was rich and/or a woman (since women's clothes are nicer and more expensive) I'd probably pay more.

Yeah I'd probably do the same, but I'm not particularly picky when it comes to clothes. Also, I come from a reality where paying $200 for jeans and saying 'if I was rich' causes a  doodthing; moment.

Classic

I've had a pair of pants that cost $40 for three years now. Granted, they don't fit anymore...(surprisingly, they are too big  hocuspocus; )

That being the case, I see no reason to spend anymore than $40-$100 on pants.

$400 can get me an entire wardrobe.

Skylark

I could get so many things for $400
more clothes than I would care to wear.
the book of right on

ME##

Quote from: wziard on August 06, 2009, 01:28:18 PM
Yeah it probably doesn't cost them $400 or anywhere near that, but there's no arguing that handmade jeans are nicer than Levis cranked out of machines.

'If you were rich'?  So wait, having enough extra income to pay more for a single item of clothing than I get to spend on clothes for the summer is not being rich?  doodhuh;

Hiro

I'm still annoyed that jeans cost $35  baddood;

strongbad

Quote from: Hïro on August 06, 2009, 01:56:03 PM
I'm still annoyed that jeans cost $35  baddood;

Yeah seriously. I get my jeans at old navy during there 2/20 sale :(

Nyerp

why is this thread about jeans now

C.Mongler

Go Up