June 16, 2024, 07:16:00 AM

1,531,266 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do You Believe in God?

Started by Daddy, April 16, 2007, 04:13:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Do you believe in God?

Yes.
63 (38.7%)
No.
66 (40.5%)
I'm not sure
34 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Go Down

just1more

Quote from: Λoζαλ on December 26, 2008, 10:50:10 PM
Oh. I used to be Roman Catholic, so I don't know.

I suppose your church is just weird or something.

Well same here. I haven't gone to church in years. Funny thing is, I needed a letter of recommendation from my priest for eagle scout, and even though I haven't been to church in the longest time, he still gave me one!  doodella;

That priest was always pretty cool. But we're talking about Catholic priests here, so it's best to not get too complacent.

Lozal

Quote from: Red Lightning on December 26, 2008, 10:53:33 PM
Well same here. I haven't gone to church in years. Funny thing is, I needed a letter of recommendation from my priest for eagle scout, and even though I haven't been to church in the longest time, he still gave me one!  doodella;

That priest was always pretty cool. But we're talking about Catholic priests here, so it's best to not get too complacent.
Oh, wow. He must be a nice person, but still, I agree. We're talking about priests, so eh.

It's shitty in itself that you need to be Christian to be a boy scout.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Daddy

Lozal

Quote from: Frutta Procione on December 26, 2008, 11:30:31 PM
what about girlscouts
I don't know, I was never a member of any form of Girl Scouts.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Det in F♯ Major

what about girlscouts

their cookies taste like the miraculous works of God so probably
Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Sam

what about girlscouts

My girlscout troop always had meetings in various churches, so probably. I don't remember.

I think I scare my priest. He knows I hate him because he fired my favorite youth minister. He was the only reason I ever bothered to go to church during my confirmation classes.
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Det in F♯ Major

Quote from: Khadafi on February 02, 2011, 03:17:34 PM
BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW BLACK AND YELLOW

Sam

Quote from: ΝεάÏ,ολις on December 27, 2008, 08:12:19 PM
Why?

He was too 'radical' and  too many of the old people complained. I tell you though, nobody I know has ever gotten mroe teenagers interested in church than him. huge dumbass move.

He was like a hippie who played for a christian rock group and smoked somewhat heavily, probably a bit of a pothead as well. He was the entertainment during our 'teen' masses on saturday nights. Him and his christian band of teenagers gave the old ladies heart attacks.

Oh, and we had these awesome meeting after mass where we basically danced and played video games and ate and did nothing for 2 hours, then talked about god for 10 minutes. But Adam made these amazing plans to build a teen building for meetings and stuff. After they fired him, they went through with the building.

He's back in Arizona now with his wife and new son. :( His son was born on easter sunday.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Sam on December 26, 2008, 06:24:27 PM
No, I'm losing by going to church every week. Getting communion is just part of church.
There are plenty of people who go to my church and don't receive communion.

Hippopo

Quote from: YPR on December 28, 2008, 06:55:33 PM
If I'm ever invited to go to mass, I don't receive communion anymore.  Even if I were still a devote Catholic, I've committed too many "mortal sins" to receive communion without going to confession.  doodthing;

Sam

Quote from: YPR on December 28, 2008, 06:55:33 PM

...you're clearly not understanding what I'm saying here. I thought I've explained it enough times.

I have options. I can
a) not go to church and be punished and grounded and whatnot
b) go to church and not receive communion and be punished and grounded and whatnot
c) go to church and receive communion

If getting communion was some huge thing to me where I personally was hurting myself in receiving it, I wouldn't do it. but because I do not care, and nor do any of the people in my church because they have no idea, I'm just going to get communion in order to avoid further complications with my family. If no punishment or scolding or lectures were involved, I probably would just sit there. But no, if I don't receive communion, my mother makes me feel like shit. She knows it and does it strategically.

It's not how it should be, but that's how it is. I hate religion, and I hate when people let it control them. I hate talking about it, I hate arguing over it, I hate watching it, I hate participating in it, I hate being affected by it. I don't want to argue with you YPR. Believe what you want to believe and let me be, please.

Hippopo

Well said, Pink!

I hate it when religion controls anyone's life. :(

Classic

Do what I did.

I told my mother I'm not interested in religion, nor do I strive for self righteousness. I do not believe in an "all knowing, all loving" being.
I am not interested in going to a church building with kids my age to worship. I know what they do outside of service, so in retrospect, they are just as bad as I am, calling themselves Christians.

I am not interested in giving my life to a "God" that cannot take care of his own people.

Religion is what causes conflicts in the world.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Tyler on December 31, 2008, 04:46:48 PM
Religion is what causes conflicts in the world.
Most conflicts are caused by things other than religion.

eg. "MAN WHAT YOU DOIN' STEPPIN' ON MY NEW JORDANS, DOG"

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Feynman

Quote from: Lawlz on January 01, 2009, 02:23:58 AM
Most conflicts are caused by things other than religion.

eg. "MAN WHAT YOU DOIN' STEPPIN' ON MY NEW JORDANS, DOG"

And the other person is too stubborn so he goes "WHAT YOU DOING PUTTING YOUR JORDANS WHERE I'M ABOUT TO STEP"

Go Up