September 27, 2024, 10:15:00 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Favorite local cooperative games

Started by strongbad, March 29, 2009, 08:03:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Confession: At first I said, "co-op", but I felt that it would look fancier if I said, "cooperative".

Like I said in the last played game or whatever thread, my friend and I have been playing through a new co-op game almost every weekend and it's really fun. The only problem is that we're running out of games, and I don't want this to end  madood;

So far we've played through:
L4D
GoW
GoW2
Halo 1-3
Kameo
RE5
And I just ordered "Earth Defense Force 2017", which looks awesome.

I'm looking for games on PS2, Wii/GCN, or 360. SNES and N64 work as well, but I don't feel like searching games up on ebay.
Oh yeah just so this thread isn't just a "recommend me this kind of game" thread, talk about your favorite cooperative games. Kirby Superstar will always be my personal favorite  hocuspocus;

Thyme

Skylark

the book of right on

Thyme

Geno

RE5 and L4D are definetly some of the best co op games
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

C.Mongler

i'm the only one who will recommend this but Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the cube if you can come up with the link cables and GBAs

also Four Swords Adventure if you meet above requirements also.

Geno

Quote from: C Mongler on March 29, 2009, 10:52:35 PM

also Four Swords Adventure if you meet above requirements also.
That was so damn retarded
Using a GBA as a controller on multiplayer was gay. You couldnt even just use a normal controller
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: David on March 29, 2009, 08:03:34 PM
L4D

it has local multiplayer?? I might just pick it up now  happydood;

Quote from: David on March 29, 2009, 08:03:34 PM
And I just ordered "Earth Defense Force 2017", which looks awesome.

prepared to be surprised.

Also, my favorite co-op game would probably be House of the Dead 2 and 3 return.

strongbad

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: David on March 30, 2009, 06:21:59 AM
In a good or bad way?
bad

i mean, you probably going to get what you pay for, but I played it and I didn't like it.

strongbad

Quote from: Craven Morehead on March 30, 2009, 06:26:24 AM
bad

i mean, you probably going to get what you pay for, but I played it and I didn't like it.

According to a few reviews, it looks like everything aside from the gameplay sucks, and that's all I really care about right now.
I guess we'll see...

Cookie

Time Splitters had pretty fun Co-op.

YPrrrr

Quote from: C Mongler on March 29, 2009, 10:52:35 PM
i'm the only one who will recommend this but Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on the cube if you can come up with the link cables and GBAs

yes yes yes YES
Quote from: Cookie on March 30, 2009, 10:15:50 AM
Time Splitters had pretty fun Co-op.
This is also a great game

Kalahari Inkantation

wind waker or four swords adventures cjlubdoods;

And Bionic Commando for the 360 is also co-op. wariodood;

strongbad

Quote from: TECTRINKET on March 30, 2009, 12:12:10 PM
And Bionic Commando for the 360 is also co-op. wariodood;

My friend didn't like Bionic Commando ;-;
But I love it...