September 19, 2018, 11:32:50 AM

1,529,847 Posts in 45,888 Topics by 1,011 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.


The Offical Programming Resources Thread

Started by Khadafi, January 08, 2009, 10:19:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Khadafi


guff

i have another one:

Everything related to programming
not jmv

akudood;


Cookie

I'm taking a C++ class this semester. So far I'm not really enjoying it.

Lotos

I've been using http://www.learncpp.com/ to attempt to learn C++.  So far, it's a lot better than the resources I've found on 7chan/711chan (one of those sites)

Lotos

Double posting.

Quote from: The Cookie Monster on January 09, 2009, 02:42:46 PM
I'm taking a C++ class this semester. So far I'm not really enjoying it.


I should check what my school offers.  They offered a web design class, but apparently it wasn't available as a class this year, being the only elective besides Psychology I gave a shit about argh;

With my luck, there's no other computer classes I'd be interested in.

ncba93ivyase


Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 10:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff


ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on January 09, 2009, 06:27:23 PM
bite your tongue silly  n_u
I actually have a disgusting lisp when I read, and a mild one in normal speech. spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 10:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Khadafi


bluaki

Quote from: Lotos on January 09, 2009, 06:01:21 PM
They offered a web design class, but apparently it wasn't available as a class this year, being the only elective besides Psychology I gave a shit about argh;

With my luck, there's no other computer classes I'd be interested in.
At my school, there's a Web Design class, but it's all about using fancy Adobe software (specifically Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks) rather than learning what HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, Java, Perl, etc even are.
Besides that the only other computer classes at my school are Computer Business Skills (using MS Office and some typing tutorial) and Digital Design (Adobe InDesign and Illustrator).

Also, I tend to try to learn the stuff by myself with just using online examples. Though so far I've only gotten into HTML, CSS, and PHP. Will probably try to learn C++ and Javascript in not very long.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: bluaki on January 09, 2009, 09:24:20 PM
Will probably try to learn C++
why :'(

and yeah, still requesting a decent common lithp guide, preferably in pdf form akudood;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 10:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Pancake Paranoia on January 09, 2009, 09:54:46 PM
and yeah, still requesting a decent common lithp guide, preferably in pdf form akudood;
i've never found one i mean it's not a terribly active language (this is not to say it's a bad language it's just old and somewhat antiquated but it's still better than java) akudood;

clojure has some docs around but i'm not sure just how similar it is to common lisp i imagine it wouldn't be much effort to learn one after learning the other

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on January 09, 2009, 10:04:46 PM
i've never found one i mean it's not a terribly active language (this is not to say it's a bad language it's just old and somewhat antiquated but it's still better than java) akudood;

clojure has some docs around but i'm not sure just how similar it is to common lisp i imagine it wouldn't be much effort to learn one after learning the other
jmv said clojure sucks

and i don't plan on making games or anything big with lisp, but i just want to learn it for its novelty and to mess around with it and have fun

and just doing basic math isn't fun forever :'(

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 10:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Pancake Paranoia on January 09, 2009, 10:08:14 PM
jmv said clojure sucks

and i don't plan on making games or anything big with lisp, but i just want to learn it for its novelty and to mess around with it and have fun

and just doing basic math isn't fun forever :'(
jmv is sirry and uh if you just tried it out it's just as usable as any other lisp dialect so if you think it sucks you'd probably feel the same about most lisps

uh okay that's what most people do

ok

Hiro

Oh wait I'm going to learn basic C programming soon  bassir;

Go Up