October 18, 2024, 05:30:23 AM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

This is why I love Apple (actually a good reason)

Started by Snorkel, January 17, 2008, 08:58:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snorkel

I finally brought my MacBook Pro in today to have my battery issue looked at... since I installed Leopard, it only last like 10-20 minutes, although it shows 2-3 hour charge and had previously held about 90% of its original charge.

The guy just looked at the battery info in System Profiler, then asked,

"Is this under warranty?"
"It's like two years old, so I don't think so"
"Okay, I'll check anyway... yeah, no, it's not"

Then he took out a brand new battery and replaced mine, and I was like, "So if this works do I have to pay for it?" .... "No, I'm covering the battery for you"

No complaints.  befuddlement

And it fixed the problem, too. So now I have a latest generation MacBook Pro battery that I can actually get a good 4-5 hours of charge from, and all I had to do was sign a form. I wonder what would have happened if I had still been covered by warranty. psyduck;

I bet Apple will come looking for my firstborn in 20 years or something as a result of that form.  doodthing;

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

USAA gave me $1200 to cover the dead harddrive on my Mac. APPALLING

I still got to keep the old G5, and all I need is a decent $50 HD and my Tiger discs and I'm good to go.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Houdini

Apple pays me to hang around Michael Dell and flick boogers at him when he's not looking.

Daddy

On the opposite side of the spectrum HP refused to replace the harddrive on my old desktop because I called them a week after the warranty expired even though the problems started a month earlier but it didn't break until that week.

They also refused to help me with my laptop when the battery wouldn't charge due to a faulty power jack.

The artist formally known

Quote from: JMV290 on January 17, 2008, 09:34:42 PM
On the opposite side of the spectrum HP refused to replace the harddrive on my old desktop because I called them a week after the warranty expired even though the problems started a month earlier but it didn't break until that week.

They also refused to help me with my laptop when the battery wouldn't charge due to a faulty power jack.

I hate HP so fucking much, never had a printer from them that worked perfectly. God damn I hate them. Now Logitech, man, though their software is junky they make great hardware (the software to run some of their hardware is crappy is what I mean).

Apple is probably a good company just don't really care about computers that much I suppose. Don't have $1300 I'm willing to spend on a computer that won't run future Starcraft 2 or whatever else comes out.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on January 17, 2008, 11:15:58 PM
I hate HP so fucking much, never had a printer from them that worked perfectly.
I know.

When I installed the software for the printer/scanner, it actually started to corrupt the hard drives of my old G5 and my parents' Mac. I got in there and cleaned that baloney out within a few minutes.

And Apple's only real problem is that all their computers seem to push 200 degrees without doing much work.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on January 17, 2008, 11:28:36 PM
I know.

When I installed the software for the printer/scanner, it actually started to corrupt the hard drives of my old G5 and my parents' Mac. I got in there and cleaned that baloney out within a few minutes.

And Apple's only real problem is that all their computers seem to push 200 degrees without doing much work.
My HP shit hole of a printer prints test papers when you turn it from off to on. I bet theres a way to turn it off but what the fuck? Shouldn't test papers be something you tell it to do? Not just waste my ink and paper

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on January 17, 2008, 11:29:59 PM
My HP shit hole of a printer prints test papers when you turn it from off to on. I bet theres a way to turn it off but what the fuck? Shouldn't test papers be something you tell it to do? Not just waste my ink and paper
Mine has only printed one test paper for no real reason.

Also, it only prints in purple. It doesn't know of of yellows, greens, blacks, or anything else but a pinkish purple. it really sucks for important Chemistry projects.

[REDACTED]

Quote from: Lawlz on January 17, 2008, 11:32:11 PM
My has only printed one test paper for no real reason.
Did you configure the printer?
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: PLEASEHELP1991 on January 18, 2008, 04:02:45 AM
Did you configure the printer?
It was the morning after I had printed some forms for my father, when I was printing out pictures for a Chemistry project (IN PURPLE).

So yes.

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on January 18, 2008, 10:12:17 AM
It was the morning after I had printed some forms for my father, when I was printing out pictures for a Chemistry project (IN PURPLE).

So yes.
I once printed out an essay in pink.

Tomboh

Quote from: reefer on January 17, 2008, 11:15:58 PM
I hate HP so fucking much, never had a printer from them that worked perfectly.
I have an HP printer/scaner.

It works about %60 of the time. :|

Daddy

Quote from: Punta Tombo on January 18, 2008, 10:15:17 AM
I have an HP printer/scaner.

It works about %60 of the time. :|
i have hp scanner printer thingy and my ink cartridges jammed before I even used it.  I had to pop it into place.

Feynman

I sprayed Windex all over my LCD monitor once and it just screwed it up, so I called up Dell and told them "it stopped working" and they sent a new one via next day shipping after some useless troubleshooting.

No compaints. :|

Go Up