June 11, 2024, 02:36:11 AM

1,531,263 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 01, 2013, 10:40:11 AM
i'm cautiously looking forward to the new one, but the game i just purchased is the very first one which i have much less confidence in lol sillydood;

i'm hoping it's not as bad as i'm imagining, but we'll see wry

oh... ok. yeah im looking forward to the new one. its been getting great reviews, and its looking more like uncharted (ironically when you think about it). well see next week though!

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lunchbox on March 01, 2013, 10:42:00 AM
and its looking more like uncharted (ironically when you think about it).

whole reason i'm interested giggle; giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

silvertone

TooB

Quote from: silvertone on March 01, 2013, 10:46:34 AM
i have a pet fox

LOL
Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 01, 2013, 10:45:22 AM
whole reason i'm interested giggle; giggle;

yeah me too actually, but its funny cuz uncharted 1 was basically tomb raider with a guy. so its funny to see it turn into this.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lunchbox on March 01, 2013, 10:47:34 AM
yeah me too actually, but its funny cuz uncharted 1 was basically tomb raider with a guy. so its funny to see it turn into this.

agreed giggle;

Samus Aran

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 01, 2013, 10:26:52 AM
[spoiler]

competitive multiplayer isn't fun[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

same reason i don't like fighting games except smash bros. or racing games except for mario kart (though even uncharted 3 isn't that devoid of fun, but that's the direction it has moved in)[/spoiler]

i have to disagree at least on some level. some competition is fun - i mean we're playing to win typically when we play uncharted 2, even if having fun is actually more important than winning.

but 3 just complicates the fun so unnecessarily

oh yeah and i'm also kinda actually pretty interested in the new tomb raider too.......

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: May on March 01, 2013, 02:38:40 PM
i have to disagree at least on some level. some competition is fun - i mean we're playing to win typically when we play uncharted 2, even if having fun is actually more important than winning.

but 3 just complicates the fun so unnecessarily

yeah, competition is necessary in any multiplayer game, but i don't like for it to be the point of the game, which it isn't in uncharted 2 and smash bros. and mario kart :'(

Quote from: May on March 01, 2013, 02:38:40 PM
oh yeah and i'm also kinda actually pretty interested in the new tomb raider too.......

you can join nyerp and me in moaning about how awful the multiplayer will surely be giggle;

Samus Aran

i would argue that for a lot of people, myself included, having fun is also more or less the main point of games that you seem to think are only for competition. like fighting games. certainly there are a lot of people out there who can't have fun unless they win in those games, though...which is unfortunate.

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

though i should mention that winning at least occasionally probably is an essential component of fun lol goowan

but a multiplayer game shouldn't be designed around winning at the sacrifice of other types of fun[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on March 01, 2013, 02:41:54 PM
yeah, competition is necessary in any multiplayer game, but i don't like for it to be the point of the game, which it isn't in uncharted 2 and smash bros. and mario kart :'(

you can join nyerp and me in moaning about how awful the multiplayer will surely be giggle;

the multiplayer apparently is gonna be bad, from what the reviews say, but ill never know cuz ill never play it.
its probs online only

don't let's

Quote from: May on March 01, 2013, 02:43:41 PM
i would argue that for a lot of people, myself included, having fun is also more or less the main point of games that you seem to think are only for competition. like fighting games. certainly there are a lot of people out there who can't have fun unless they win in those games, though...which is unfortunate.
And then there's the people that can't have fun unless they get some extra rewards/incentives/achievements for winning. And yeah, it's nice to get stuff for winning, but I have seen people blast a game and not want to play it just because they wouldn't get extra rewards.

TooB

march 5th will be a busy day for me. castlevania and tomb raider?
YAY

[hedy]Zidone

I downloaded a game called Warsow because I had it for free on my gog account

Seems pretty fun but no one plays it. akudood;

Go Up