October 26, 2024, 04:16:55 PM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Thanks /b/

Started by The artist formally known, September 05, 2007, 08:09:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Great idea

QuoteEasy Wal-Mart trick.

1. Make sure your Wal-Mart has 2 entries/exits. This ensures you don't run into the same checker.
2. Buy something cheap, like a CD or something else along those lines, but don't open it.
3. The next day return through Door A with the CD and the receipt so you can get that "I brought it in" sticker put on it.
4. Go to the electronics section, load a HDTV into a shopping cart, and move the sticker onto the box, tossing the CD in a trash can.
5. Open the side of the box so it looks like you brought the TV in.
6. Exit through Door B complaining about how you need to return the TV to *TV Brand* instead of Wal Mart. If the alarm goes off just show them the sticker and they'll let you go.

I got my 40" Samsung HDTV this way.

Daddy

I think some one tried that and got arrested.

Andrew1911

Won't work. Cameras would be watching you. You'd have to be really sneaky. Plus, there's not that many people who work in Electronics. They would also be able to put the pieces together. If they noticed that a TV was missing without payment, they'd find you by looking at the camera footage. You'd need a disguise and you'd need to do it a far-off Wal-Mart.

Snorkel

Quote from: JMV290 on September 05, 2007, 08:10:59 PM
I think some one tried that and got arrested.

That was someone who put a bar code label from like a bag of chips on an HDTV and tried to self check-out.

...I still wouldn't do it, because I'm not that dishonest.  psyduck;

V

I am not sacrificing my freedom for an HDTV.  psyduck;

Fireman.exe

Quote from: V on September 05, 2007, 08:15:37 PM
Then will you do it for me? You'd have a lot of friends in prison. nigro;

I'm not usually this mean to you. >.> Sorry.

mariofreak

Andrew1911

Quote from: V on September 05, 2007, 08:15:37 PM

how bout 2 hdtvs

V

Andrew1911

Quote from: V on September 05, 2007, 08:18:44 PM
um maybe will you help me get them? :0)

sry but if i did it the news people would say that id be rescuing the tv

if you took it theyd say you were lootin

Quote from: Andrew1911 on September 05, 2007, 08:12:47 PM
Won't work. Cameras would be watching you. You'd have to be really sneaky. Plus, there's not that many people who work in Electronics. They would also be able to put the pieces together. If they noticed that a TV was missing without payment, they'd find you by looking at the camera footage. You'd need a disguise and you'd need to do it a far-off Wal-Mart.
At Target they don't use the cameras until after something happens, they use it for reference. Never go back again.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Reefer on September 05, 2007, 08:23:02 PM
At Target they don't use the cameras until after something happens, they use it for reference. Never go back again.

That's why you have to do it at a place that's not close to you. Make it a Wal-Mart where you're likely never to go back ever again. But, they're probably just going to call the cops and they can pretty much find out who you are from that.

Quote from: Andrew1911 on September 05, 2007, 08:26:50 PM
That's why you have to do it at a place that's not close to you. Make it a Wal-Mart where you're likely never to go back ever again. But, they're probably just going to call the cops and they can pretty much find out who you are from that.
You'd be surprised.

Just cut your hair the next day and don't shave or something. Though I wouldn't go through with this.

Houdini

That's pretty sweet. I'd love to try that, but the risk of getting caught and the consequences thereof are too great for it to be worth it. I am going to try that free McDonald's trick once I get my driver's license, though.

Himu

Put a snickers bar in a slurpee and fill it up. caterpie;

Go Up